how many hours out of pump bearing

hi to all l have a 08 ultra 250 lam worryed about this pump bearing issue how many hours should u replace the pump bearing l had my prop repaired around 15hrs l now have 20hrs the jet ski shop said bearing looked good l have a few mods like 3inc exhaust and mod muffler l have intercooler mod and timing mod 6dg it cavertats a bit on take off it revs to 7900 and does 95ks would these mods wear the bearing quicker and how fast does the ultra go l cant get it any faster then 95 and thats with under a harf a tank and 98octain fuel it hits the rev limter when l take off cavertats a bit and help would be great..........

+1
    we told you what was wrong last time you asked your dealer needs to fix the prop whilst he is at it check your bearings pretty simple i think

Quote Originally Posted by dobbo View Post
    hi to all l have a 08 ultra 250 lam worryed about this pump bearing issue how many hours should u replace the pump bearing l had my prop repaired around 15hrs l now have 20hrs the jet ski shop said bearing looked good l have a few mods like 3inc exhaust and mod muffler l have intercooler mod and timing mod 6dg it cavertats a bit on take off it revs to 7900 and does 95ks would these mods wear the bearing quicker and how fast does the ultra go l cant get it any faster then 95 and thats with under a harf a tank and 98octain fuel it hits the rev limter when l take off cavertats a bit and help would be great..........

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by nicjak View Post
    we told you what was wrong last time you asked your dealer needs to fix the prop whilst he is at it check your bearings pretty simple i think

l had replace the prop since last time l was on here l put a standet 1 in got more top end out of it bearing looked good how many houra should u replace bearing and what top speed should l get out of ultra with all my mods.........

+1
    too many variables to give you a rock solid answer, riding styles, water you ride in, age of the ski, if you stay on the throttle when unhooked. All goes towards bearing life.
    easy rule of thumb imo with the pump mods inplace -
    norm rec rider - check the bearings every 40 hours, (cheap insurance)
    racer - check every 10-20.

but then some guys have been lucky and gotten 100+ hours. all comes down to how much risk you are prepared to carry.......

ps if your real keen this can be done in under hour. pump out, stripped, checked, pump back in.

(I still remember the days of being told we have no pump issues.........)

+1
    if you did replace your prop with a oem one your speeds should be at least 105-109km, how was the prop to housing clearance?

Quote Originally Posted by dobbo View Post
    l had replace the prop since last time l was on here l put a standet 1 in got more top end out of it bearing looked good how many houra should u replace bearing and what top speed should l get out of ultra with all my mods.........

All goes towards bearing life.
    easy rule of thumb imo with the pump mods inplace -
    norm rec rider - check the bearings every 40 hours, (cheap insurance)
    racer - check every 10-20.
    (cheap insurance)
    So if you strip the pump down you should leave the forward bearing installed. Check it insitu. Removal of that bearing can cause damage as the press force generally goes through the inner race. Pressing in is not a problem since the outer race is pushed into the pump housing. If you beat the bearing out with a hammer it's dead. Messing with things can introduce damage and cause the pump to fail if done incorrectly. This is just a polite heads-up.

rt

thanks every 1 for u imput l will get it checked and see what the clearence is with prop and housing lam thinking of change pitch on my prop.........thanks all

Thread Information