Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    ausralia
    Posts
    44

    how many hours out of pump bearing

    hi to all l have a 08 ultra 250 lam worryed about this pump bearing issue how many hours should u replace the pump bearing l had my prop repaired around 15hrs l now have 20hrs the jet ski shop said bearing looked good l have a few mods like 3inc exhaust and mod muffler l have intercooler mod and timing mod 6dg it cavertats a bit on take off it revs to 7900 and does 95ks would these mods wear the bearing quicker and how fast does the ultra go l cant get it any faster then 95 and thats with under a harf a tank and 98octain fuel it hits the rev limter when l take off cavertats a bit and help would be great..........


  2. #2
    nicjak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Warragul, Downunder
    Posts
    7,794
    +1
    625
    we told you what was wrong last time you asked your dealer needs to fix the prop whilst he is at it check your bearings pretty simple i think


    Quote Originally Posted by dobbo View Post
    hi to all l have a 08 ultra 250 lam worryed about this pump bearing issue how many hours should u replace the pump bearing l had my prop repaired around 15hrs l now have 20hrs the jet ski shop said bearing looked good l have a few mods like 3inc exhaust and mod muffler l have intercooler mod and timing mod 6dg it cavertats a bit on take off it revs to 7900 and does 95ks would these mods wear the bearing quicker and how fast does the ultra go l cant get it any faster then 95 and thats with under a harf a tank and 98octain fuel it hits the rev limter when l take off cavertats a bit and help would be great..........

  3. #3
    Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Brisvegas
    Posts
    4,161
    +1
    600
    Quote Originally Posted by nicjak View Post
    we told you what was wrong last time you asked your dealer needs to fix the prop whilst he is at it check your bearings pretty simple i think

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    ausralia
    Posts
    44
    l had replace the prop since last time l was on here l put a standet 1 in got more top end out of it bearing looked good how many houra should u replace bearing and what top speed should l get out of ultra with all my mods.........

  5. #5
    JET250's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Australia mate fair dinkum.
    Posts
    1,278
    +1
    2
    too many variables to give you a rock solid answer, riding styles, water you ride in, age of the ski, if you stay on the throttle when unhooked. All goes towards bearing life.
    easy rule of thumb imo with the pump mods inplace -
    norm rec rider - check the bearings every 40 hours, (cheap insurance)
    racer - check every 10-20.

    but then some guys have been lucky and gotten 100+ hours. all comes down to how much risk you are prepared to carry.......

    ps if your real keen this can be done in under hour. pump out, stripped, checked, pump back in.

    (I still remember the days of being told we have no pump issues.........)

  6. #6
    nicjak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Warragul, Downunder
    Posts
    7,794
    +1
    625
    if you did replace your prop with a oem one your speeds should be at least 105-109km, how was the prop to housing clearance?



    Quote Originally Posted by dobbo View Post
    l had replace the prop since last time l was on here l put a standet 1 in got more top end out of it bearing looked good how many houra should u replace bearing and what top speed should l get out of ultra with all my mods.........

  7. #7
    All goes towards bearing life.
    easy rule of thumb imo with the pump mods inplace -
    norm rec rider - check the bearings every 40 hours, (cheap insurance)
    racer - check every 10-20.
    (cheap insurance)
    So if you strip the pump down you should leave the forward bearing installed. Check it insitu. Removal of that bearing can cause damage as the press force generally goes through the inner race. Pressing in is not a problem since the outer race is pushed into the pump housing. If you beat the bearing out with a hammer it's dead. Messing with things can introduce damage and cause the pump to fail if done incorrectly. This is just a polite heads-up.

    rt

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    ausralia
    Posts
    44
    thanks every 1 for u imput l will get it checked and see what the clearence is with prop and housing lam thinking of change pitch on my prop.........thanks all

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. How many Hours Can You Expect Out of the Spark Engine?
    By extra300 in forum Sea Doo Spark
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-14-2014, 03:23 PM
  2. Getting water out of pump bearing housing?
    By 64physhy in forum Yamaha How To & FAQs
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-02-2013, 01:00 AM
  3. how many miles out of a 97/98 yamaha gp 1200 with full tank??
    By oldschool69 in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-17-2013, 01:17 PM
  4. how many hours should the new stator pump bearings last?
    By andy95'slx780 in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-01-2012, 10:40 PM
  5. How many hours out of metal washers
    By SeaDoocer in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-16-2006, 11:51 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •