Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Custom Ground 4-tec cam

This is the camshaft speced by Nils of Rude performance. As far as I know only a few of these cams were ground. This cam has been known as the rude cam, but was not sold by Rude performance. I paid well over $1000 for this cam. $250 obo. There is nothing wrong with this cam, I parted out the RXP a while back and this is one of the few remaining parts. Most agree that this cam will require custom springs. FWIW I used the RIVA valvetrain with no issues. Maybe I got lucky, but that would be a first. Cam added a little top end, but was a monster on acceleration.

ROTAX RACING performance
    +1
    why you should sell a cam that is a monster in accelleration and increase topend for 250 US, most of that cams broke engine!

I think you may be asking why I am selling. Is so, perhaps you should reread my original post. Are you interested in purchasing this cam? It is hard to tell with your poor translation of the English language. Have you actually used it, because it was my understanding that there were only a few made and I have been in contact with some of those people and never heard of a problem. If you have comments about this cam perhaps you should start a thread in the performance section where it belongs. This area is for selling.

[QUOTE=mrracing;1356309]why you should sell a cam that is a monster in accelleration and increase topend for 250 US, most of that cams broke engine![/QUOTE
    Last edited by bankyf; 03-06-2010 at 12:24 PM. Reason: Using my better judgement

Guys just stop on throwing meat over your self !!!

Malte more info about the product please , is it more like a b or c kit cam or completely different?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mrracing View Post
    why you should sell a cam that is a monster in accelleration and increase topend for 250 US, most of that cams broke engine!
    Malte there was not one engine broken due to this cam, Not 1!
    Every issue was due to people no knowing how to install it properly, or they had other issues.

From memory
    1. Running lean and not checking AFR and motor died not the cam's fault.
    2. Running a Big SC on a cast internal motor that he did not know was a cast internal motor. Cause was not the cam.
    3. Trying to lock the cam and crank with a screwdriver and old socket and getting the timing way out of spec. Not the cam.
    4. Running it with stock shimmed springs after being told not to multiple times and ignoring the advice, again not the cams fault.

So like I said show me one person that broke an engine that installed the cam the "correct" way by degreeing the cam, checking the piston to valve clearance, reinstalling the cam to the same position with the degree wheel and installing the right springs. You cannot do it!

I just do not understand why people must give out information that they have no first hand knowledge of.

How many of this particular cam did you personally install Malte?

And again Nils did not sell these cams he only gave advise about them and for those that choose to follow his expert advise they got a Kick Ass Cam, and those that did not well they had problems!

Malte sorry to come across so bluntly but people interjecting bad information is not cool and I know you have forgotten more about these skis than I will ever know but you must have all the facts before you post information.

Like the poster said he installed it "correctly" and it ran great!

Sorry for the rant!

David

Thanks for setting the record straight. I loved this cam. The sound alone was worth what I paid for it. I only held on to it so long because I was hoping to use it on another project, but that project never materialized.

Quote Originally Posted by 1 FAST VE View Post
    Malte there was not one engine broken due to this cam, Not 1!
    Every issue was due to people no knowing how to install it properly, or they had other issues.

From memory
    1. Running lean and not checking AFR and motor died not the cam's fault.
    2. Running a Big SC on a cast internal motor that he did not know was a cast internal motor. Cause was not the cam.
    3. Trying to lock the cam and crank with a screwdriver and old socket and getting the timing way out of spec. Not the cam.
    4. Running it with stock shimmed springs after being told not to multiple times and ignoring the advice, again not the cams fault.

So like I said show me one person that broke an engine that installed the cam the "correct" way by degreeing the cam, checking the piston to valve clearance, reinstalling the cam to the same position with the degree wheel and installing the right springs. You cannot do it!

I just do not understand why people must give out information that they have no first hand knowledge of.

How many of this particular cam did you personally install Malte?

And again Nils did not sell these cams he only gave advise about them and for those that choose to follow his expert advise they got a Kick Ass Cam, and those that did not well they had problems!

Malte sorry to come across so bluntly but people interjecting bad information is not cool and I know you have forgotten more about these skis than I will ever know but you must have all the facts before you post information.

Like the poster said he installed it "correctly" and it ran great!

Sorry for the rant!

David

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by bankyf View Post
    Thanks for setting the record straight. I loved this cam. The sound alone was worth what I paid for it. I only held on to it so long because I was hoping to use it on another project, but that project never materialized.
    No problem, lots of people have run the cam with success and LOVED IT !

+1
    What is the recommended set-up to use this cam valve train wise?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by beerdart View Post
    What is the recommended set-up to use this cam valve train wise?

Riva kit, Nils sells a kit as does PPG, and REV.
    NO Shims and properly degreed in and you are good to go.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 1 FAST VE View Post
    Riva kit, Nils sells a kit as does PPG, and REV.
    NO Shims and properly degreed in and you are good to go.
    Can it be used with stock springs and RR retainers?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information