Simple RX Mods For Summer

Well its been a cold ass winter here in MN and the snow is finely starting to melt and I am really thinking about doing some mods to my 2000 RX, Non-DI. Bought it last year with 56hrs and in great condition. Everything was in great working order last year with the exception of the trim which was fixed.

So, I guess I am looking at doing some simple mods to increase accel, handling, and top speed but haven't found any great information. I have looked around for info on impellers, ride plates, intakes, etc. the usual stuff and it seems the conclusion from alot of people is the stock parts are pretty damn good, I guess is that how many of you feel who have worked on them or owned a 951??

Also, I need to replace the ride plate which is about the only thing that actually NEEDS replacing any suggestion for an aftermarket or just go with new stock? And if you were to replace some small items such as an impeller, intake great etc or other simple additions where would you start??

Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

+1
    Welcome to GH. Congrats on the RX. There's a ton of info on here for the 951 motors. Check out http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=14242.
    Stay with the stock intake grate and ride plate.

+1
    Welcome to the club! I've been building mine over the past month. Still waiting on a few parts before it's finished.

I was interested in the same questions as yourself. I've been told to save my money. The amount of cash you would have to dump into the RX to gain 5mph on the top end is a lot. It simply isn't worth it. After doing my own research, I would have to agree. The stock impeller is the best suited for that ski. A ride plate would be good if you ride on a big lake so you stay hooked up better in the rough stuff... I'm on a bay that stays fairly calm.

The only thing I've done for mods is move my stock handlebars forward and eliminate the ugly pad around them. I relocated my gauge controls to an aftermarket pad. Looks better... but more importantly... it gives my taller frame more room! Here's some pics of mine...

+1
    Stock props work good up to a point. The fastest my ski ever ran with a box stock pump and prop is 65. But over all the ski still performed good with that combo.
    Add some FA and Re-jet the carbs get rid of the acc. pump. Bump up the compression and go have some fun on the water.

+1
    OOP's I allmost forgot see if it has GREY FUEL LINE. If it does get rid of that nasty stuff and go thru the whole fuel system everything carbs and fuel valve.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by m schmidt View Post
    OOP's I allmost forgot see if it has GREY FUEL LINE. If it does get rid of that nasty stuff and go thru the whole fuel system everything carbs and fuel valve.
    What's wrong with it?

Warner Robins, GA Home of the 2007 All-Star Little League World Champions!
    Quote Originally Posted by cvbdrew View Post
    What's wrong with it?
    Read this sticky at the top of our forum.

http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=27314

Welcome to GH!

the insides of the line break down over time and end up plugging up the fuel selector switch and clog the carby filters causing the engine to lean out and seize a piston

Thread Information