Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

heavy duty hose kit help

we finally got some decent weather for a day or to up north and im trying to install my island racing heavy duty hose kit..any advice i just cant seem to get it on both sides, this new hose is pretty stiff..i can get it on one end but cant bend it or anything to get it connected to the other end.thanks josh

+1
    Its pretty stiff but it will go on. Use some glass cleaner generously and some ooomph it will go on. Hose length should be roughly between 5.5-6" in length. Not sure what type of hose you are using, but the Gates 1-1/2" hose is what most have been using. Can be found at autoparts stores. Cut to length

+1

GATES hose

Quote Originally Posted by RX951 View Post
    Its pretty stiff but it will go on. Use some glass cleaner generously and some ooomph it will go on. Hose length should be roughly between 5.5-6" in length. Not sure hat type of hose you are using, but the Gates 1-1/2" hose is what most have been using. Can be found at autoparts stores. Cut to length

i got the island racing kit not shure what hose it is, ill measure it maybe i can cut a half inch off, ill give the windex a try thanks

+1

measure twice, cut once

Quote Originally Posted by jplowman2005 View Post
    i got the island racing kit not shure what hose it is, ill measure it maybe i can cut a half inch off, ill give the windex a try thanks
    measure the distance you need in the hull before you cut. Use the Glass cleaner first. Use alot of it, inside the hose and on the thru hull pieces

i didnt have windex so i used some joy soap, and some muscle and it went out but not without a fight...put it on the half wall first then bent the hose and pushed it down till it poped under the bottom lip then just did a little twisting and prying with a flat head and all is well now..thanks for the help..nop i gotta move onto putting the drive back in..any ideal how much grease is needed in the cone?

just read my online manual looks like its says fill cone up 1/3 of the way? this sound about right? i have the island racing synthetic blend stuff

+1
    Are you using the EPNOC grease Yamaha uses? What blend is the grease IR provides? consistency?
    I personally use Royal Purple Synfilm 68. (fluid)

For a fluid, I hold the pump up with the shaft hanging down and fill to the top or the bearing cavity bearings, then install the cone. Make sure the cone o-ring has some lubrication on it to help it go on.

As for the grease, I have never used the grease, I prefer to use a fluid. I would make sure it is packed well with grease...very well. You don't want those bearings to start up dry in any way.

http://www.islandracing.net/gp1200r.html about half way down...

ISLAND RACING
    MARINE SYNTHETIC LIQUID PUMP GREASE
    IR-MSLPG $11.95
    8oz

We are often asked what the BEST grease to use in Yamaha pumps is. The answer is our MARINE SYNTHETIC LIQUID PUMP GREASE.Our grease is composed of MARINE rated lubricants and is blended specifically for use in Yamaha jet pumps. Regular grease is too thick and once "flung" off the bearings will lead to failure in short time. Our Marine Synthetic Liquid Pump Gease will actually flow to the bearings offering unequaled PERFORMANCE and PROTECTION. Recommended for ALL Yamaha jet pumps from stock to fully modified.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jplowman2005 View Post
    http://www.islandracing.net/gp1200r.html about half way down...

ISLAND RACING
    MARINE SYNTHETIC LIQUID PUMP GREASE
    IR-MSLPG $11.95 8oz

We are often asked what the BEST grease to use in Yamaha pumps is. The answer is our MARINE SYNTHETIC LIQUID PUMP GREASE.Our grease is composed of MARINE rated lubricants and is blended specifically for use in Yamaha jet pumps. Regular grease is too thick and once "flung" off the bearings will lead to failure in short time. Our Marine Synthetic Liquid Pump Gease will actually flow to the bearings offering unequaled PERFORMANCE and PROTECTION. Recommended for ALL Yamaha jet pumps from stock to fully modified.
    thats the Fercho mix

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information