Thread: cleaning mildew

Thumbs up cleaning mildew

Just started using Clorox "Clean Up" with bleach on the boats. Works great and is cheap. Black mildew just vanished and washed away. Can stain clothes though. Works great on the hood too.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Windjet View Post
    Just started using Clorox "Clean Up" with bleach on the boats. Works great and is cheap. Black mildew just vanished and washed away. Can stain clothes though. Works great on the hood too.

Did you use it on vynil?

95spi w\factory pipe/96xp Diggler's Avatar

cleaning mildew

Ive grown up around boats my whole life, I bought my parents 2nd boat off of them last year which I grew up on as a kid and always had to clean. For anyone who has a white boat, you know how even like goose or duck or seagul poo leaves like a black stain that litterally needs to be rubbed off with rubbing compound. I swear to god Bleach wont get some of the black skuffs and other marks out of the white gell coat, it may work for mildew but thats nothin to remove. The best cleaner ive used over the years its called "ROLL OFF". I used it to zap off some of the marks on my friends boats that they tryed to get put but couldnt. Ive turned this stuff onto a couple of friends and they love it for there white boat. Totally blows mildew away when sprayed on and left sit for a min. I use it to keep the inside of my seadoo's looking brand new. West marine sells it, or Boaters world. The west marine by us here sells out of it all the time in the summer, and I live in the Biggest Boating Capitol of the world.

Yes I used it on vinyl, plastic. Havent tried much with gelcoat. Actually I use zing boat hull cleaner and have never had a stain stand up to it. I think it uses HCL acid, whatever it is, it will sting your skin if you get it on you. The clorox clean up just worked wonders on the plastic and vinyl getting into the cracks. It wont bleach the vinyl because vinyl is basically rubber coated cloth. I'll post pictures later.

Warner Robins, GA Home of the 2007 All-Star Little League World Champions!
    Quote Originally Posted by Windjet View Post
    That stuff takes care of business doesn't it? I try to recommend good stuff...

Thread Information