Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Banned User
    +1

Banana Bend Ride on 3/14/10

lets ride from banana bend to clear lake and back ?
    anybody game ?

This may be a stupid question, but how do you ride from san jacinto to clear creek?

How long of a ride is that and were do you fill up?

the only way I can think of to do that is thru the ship channel hook a right in galveston and follow the coast line to kema?

I would be down, but wont the water still be to cold to be riding in the choppy bay for that long? I rode around last weekend near the kema board walk and it was far to choppy because I kept getting splashed with water...I turned around I was to cold and went back down to ride in clear creek

Rookie
    I'll do it. Lucky, it's a long ride. The first one we did about 2 years ago we did about 90 miles round trip. The second one I didn't make it past the ferry before I popped an exhaust clamp and sank my ski. It was pretty choppy riding thru the ship channel. It gets worse in the bay. Its alot of fun though and a hell of a work out. As far as water temp.. I think I will wear my wet suit just to be on the safe side. Especially if I have to abandon ship again and swim. lol (God I hope not!) You can easily make it to Kema board walk from banna bend. It's about a 35 mile ride. There is a gas station next to Riggers which is where we eat at. There is also a marina near the Baytown bridge if needed. I made the mistake not topping off before heading back and was very low on fuel so that is where we stopped last time.

il go if someone can get mine runnin again

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by hispeed View Post
    I'll do it. Lucky, it's a long ride. The first one we did about 2 years ago we did about 90 miles round trip. The second one I didn't make it past the ferry before I popped an exhaust clamp and sank my ski. It was pretty choppy riding thru the ship channel. It gets worse in the bay. Its alot of fun though and a hell of a work out. As far as water temp.. I think I will wear my wet suit just to be on the safe side. Especially if I have to abandon ship again and swim. lol (God I hope not!) You can easily make it to Kema board walk from banna bend. It's about a 35 mile ride. There is a gas station next to Riggers which is where we eat at. There is also a marina near the Baytown bridge if needed. I made the mistake not topping off before heading back and was very low on fuel so that is where we stopped last time.

No more Marina at the 146 bridge ! Ike got it.

The bay can get a bit rough for sure. We've launched at Sylvan Beach ramp and rode to around Kemah/ClearLake/ClearCreek. The Sylvan Ramp is OK-- just watch for low tide.

Banned User
    +1

Ride

We did this once before and it a blast. We can start at banana bend and stop at clear lake and eat and gas up. We should leave about 10 from banana bend

+1
    You guys launch at Bananna Bend ? We meet folks at the beach, but haven't ever looked at the ramp up the little inlet there.

Ramp ? Parking ?

I would be down for sure but I just think the water temperature is going to be to cold

Rookie
    I will definetly be wearing my wet suit again. lol

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information