Thread: FZR or FX SHO?

FZR or FX SHO?

I am trying to decide on which route to go when i get a new ski, i plan on a few mods here and there but i'm wondering as i move more towards performance which ski would be a better option and what are advantages and disadvantages between these 2 platforms?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    I am trying to decide on which route to go when i get a new ski, i plan on a few mods here and there but i'm wondering as i move more towards performance which ski would be a better option and what are advantages and disadvantages between these 2 platforms?
    Both great skis. Same engine and topdeck but the hull on the fz seems to handle a little more sharply and they react to mods very well. From our testing the fz is good for an extra 2-3mph top speed after mods. FX hull definately hooks up better in the rough.

Thanks for your input...im leaning towards an FZR seems to be more what im looking for in my next ski...

+1
    what sort of riding do you do..

lake v sea..??

solo riding or two up ???

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrotherapy View Post
    what sort of riding do you do..

lake v sea..??

solo riding or two up ???
    Solo riding and i am pretty much equal lake and river riding and offshore just depends on my mood.

This ski will be mostly for solo riding if i want to do the family thing pulling tubes and skis and such and riding with the wife or kids i already have the Honda for that and i'm not getting rid of my Honda.

I have already been thinking about the offshore verses lake/river riding and if i was to get real serious into offshore riding then i would probably go with a Kawi.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Solo riding and i am pretty much equal lake and river riding and offshore just depends on my mood.

This ski will be mostly for solo riding if i want to do the family thing pulling tubes and skis and such and riding with the wife or kids i already have the Honda for that and i'm not getting rid of my Honda.

I have already been thinking about the offshore verses lake/river riding and if i was to get real serious into offshore riding then i would probably go with a Kawi.
    Sounds like the FZ will be a little better for ya Roy, especially if you want to mod it out a little. The FZ seems a couple mph's faster than the FX in calm water, while the FX will probably shine offshore a little more. Not to mention, I haven't ridden one yet & would love to take it for a spin. Either hull should be a lot more predictable in turns than what you have now...they won't spin out from under you in the twisties like that Honda did.

Thread Information