Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

want to do some mods but have questions

hey guys got a few questions for you, i have an 09 fzr and just bought a 08 fx sho for the wife, both have extended service contracts. i have already put on the fzr riva intake grate, manifold upgrade, riva ff, 06 vx ride plate, riva intake, the fx is stock iam planning on doing the same to the fx but i want to get a little more out of the fzr because the fx is for my wife and i have to be faster then my wife, what more can i do without the extended service contract going bye bye. Iam trying maybe to get it to 73 or 74 or is that out of the question? also iam buying in the next week is a bov and sponsons. all the advice would help alot thanks everyone.

chris

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jusloungin View Post
    hey guys got a few questions for you, i have an 09 fzr and just bought a 08 fx sho for the wife, both have extended service contracts. i have already put on the fzr riva intake grate, manifold upgrade, riva ff, 06 vx ride plate, riva intake, the fx is stock iam planning on doing the same to the fx but i want to get a little more out of the fzr because the fx is for my wife and i have to be faster then my wife, what more can i do without the extended service contract going bye bye. Iam trying maybe to get it to 73 or 74 or is that out of the question? also iam buying in the next week is a bov and sponsons. all the advice would help alot thanks everyone.

chris

It is really more about the relationship you have with the local dealer. There is ultimately no real answer that any of us can give you because it will depend on your dealer. Most dealers will usually take care of their own customers within reason. This is one reason I try to tell customers when they are looking for a deal about the benefit of a local dealer and the importance of a good relationship with your dealer. For this reason alone sometimes it is worth spending a little extra money with your local dealer then driving out of the area to save a couple hundred bucks. Anyway I am rambling on. The point is call your local dealer and be upfront with the service manager and ask him what they will be able to do for you and what they suggest.

ps. If you need help and can get it in the ft myers area I am in orlando.

i worked there for a while so i know everyone there so iam in good standings with them but i also want to be able to go out everyweekend too thats what i forgot to say the first time

so how can i get to 73 or 74 without going to big on mods or do i have to go big

just to let you guys know i have not gotten a good chance to gps on flat water everytime i have been out so far it has been chopped out so i do not know what it is doing now if that adds anything

+1
    Welcome to the forum jusloungin.

Regarding the warranty... Mod it much and it's gone.

I added the thru-hull exhaust, BOV, intake manifold upgrade & Intake grate at 8 hours and took it in for the 10 hour service...the dealer gave me that "your warranty's gone f*cker" knod It;s not much you can do without voiding it and even once you do a few mods you'll keep wanting to do more.

thanks 5001 criag yea i know the people that work at the dealer i worked there for some time. iam just wondering what will get me to 73 or 74 mph without going to extreme

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jusloungin View Post
    thanks 5001 criag yea i know the people that work at the dealer i worked there for some time. iam just wondering what will get me to 73 or 74 mph without going to extreme

That us quite easy with these skis. intake mod, intake, freeflow exhaust , r&d or vx rideplate, r1 reflash.

+1
    IMHO, I think if you mod anything, your dealer has a reason to deny a warranty claim. This is because YOU changed something. This is coming from me that has the five year warranty. What was I thinking? Actually, my FZS is the first ski I have modded.

Regarding the speed you want--You can do it but you will have to do your homework. Everything will have to be just right. And even then, you will have some stuff "under the hood" that will be reason enough for your dealer to deny a warranty claim.

Just mod it and forget the warranty.

My .02.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information