Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ultra 250X, feels like a car is spinning the tires

Hello guys, new to the watercraft world. I bought a 2007 Ultra 250X 100% stock and seems to be in great shape, 60 hours. My only problem is that I raced a friend of mine that also has a 250X. His takes off really nice and hard, while mine just sits there. It feels like when a car has too much power and no tires just sitting there spinning them. I know there must be posts about this but did not know how to search about this problem.

I took the pump aparts, the threads at the driveshaft and the impeller both look pretty good. Impeller as no play either and is in good shape. What else should I check. Thanks

Jay

+1
    Check the clearance between the prop and the pump housing, seal your pump with a pump seal kit. If it's slipping bad it have to be the clearance that is to big.

Cavitation is the name for it. Get a new prop.

+1
    if you are that new sand in your pump is your no1 enemy keep out and off it oh and rocks for that matter

Quote Originally Posted by Skips313 View Post
    Cavitation is the name for it.
    or FZR is the other name
    they leave the factory like this

Crap, it sucked a lot of sand a few times. Its completly clean now, what should I check for damages or what should I replace?

+1
    your prop is gone for sure and your pump housing have to be inspect closely to be sure the sand and rock haven't damage the housing where the prop spin. The new prop should almost touch the housing, were talking of a few thousandth of a inch clearance, That is really important cause if the housing is bad it,s going to cavitate even with a new prop. Since your gona have your pump out take the time to check your pump bearing shaft for wear and stay away from sand and rock or buy yourself a ATV

Take a feeler gauge and insert it between the prop and the housing in different loactions around the housing. The wear limit is around 0.011" if I remember correctly. Anything more than this and the prop needs to be repaired or replaced. Check out www.impros.com for repair. Also, check the pump housing as mentioned to ensure it's not damaged and check the inside diameter against the spec (which I don't remember off the top of my head).

Will check tonight,. Hope is fine but will know for sure tonight. Thanks guys.

Look for chip outs on the prop as well. What about your belt, is it somewhat loose? Might be an issue there as well. But my guess is prop.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information