Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

RXP H-TEMP ALARM

I have had the stage II on my ski for about 20 hours. As I was riding today the H TEMP came up on the display. I idled for a while and it went away. I thought it was becuase of doing tight turns. So I went in a straight line and got up about 6-7K rpms and it went off again. I took the seat off and everything seemed okay. I did hear some crackling as if the coolant was really boiling. The overflow bottle looked normal. When I pulled the ski out the ride plate was really hot. Hotter then normal. Water temps are cooler then they have been all summer. There has been a lot of reeds in the water. Could I have clogged something on the exhaust side?? Is that a different alarm then just "H TEMP"? What should I look at first? Thanks for the help

Peter

+1
    Check puke tank and oil cooler lines. I had same exact problem. Jerry advised me to look at lines as they are probably crossed,,,,no chit! Swapped them on cooler and never happenned again. Mine would boil in puke tank and only go off right when I was on the hammer. Idleing it would do fine. I`ll see if I can find the thread.

Peter, do you have an external IC, I would look there for blockage, it only took 10 hours of riding to plug the Riva IC around here (by Dr Len area)
    If you don`t have a strainer on, I would think about doing it...PR...

I will check the intercooler...it is a riva one. The water from the pump goes to the intercooler first?? and then to the engine? It has been a while since I installed the stage II.

Thanks

Peter

Quote Originally Posted by RXPNJ
    I will check the intercooler...it is a riva one. The water from the pump goes to the intercooler first?? and then to the engine? It has been a while since I installed the stage II.

Thanks

Peter
    yup, that`s the same way I had it and eel grass played a number on the IC core. If you remove the IC connector tubes to get at the hose barbs, rig a garden hose in reverse to back flush the IC and see what comes out. It`s worth a shot...PR...

When mine overheated it pushed out all the coolant right when the buzzer went off(blown head gasket).I would say it was the exaust if you did not loss coolant.I would back flush like PR said if that does not do it try to change the heat sender in the water box or take it out and plug the hole(just zip tie it to the exhaust pipe on the outside it will make sure that is not it).

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RXPNJ
    There has been a lot of reeds in the water. Could I have clogged something on the exhaust side??
    You are getting a high exhaust temp alarm. More than likely you have debris clogging up your intercooler restricting the water flow to the exhaust manifold.

I back flushed the intercooler as PR said. I have the ski at work with me today. I will go out after work and see what happens. I really didn't get much junk out of the intercooler. All of the other hoses going to the exhaust are clear. Thanks for the help. Will past later tonight

Peter

my intercooler gloggs a lott, was thinking off putting valve in before intercooler so that i can turn on to let water in pipe when light gomes on and fool senser, so you can finish ride,sucks to have to quit ride early, think this will work greenhulk.

+1
    That would work fine, but if i lived in an area where the IC got clogged easily i would install a Groco filter.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information