Question Am I thinking of selling my skis too cheap?

I am thinking about selling my (2) 2005 FX Cruiser HO skis with a double trailer. The blue one has 58 hours and the red has 62 hours. I have a standing offer of $10K, but I'm wondering if you guys think this is too cheap to sell them at? I would really appreciate any info you guys can share on this.

I will be replacing these skis with some newer ones, but I don't want to sell these too cheap and screw myself when I go to get newer ones. Thanks everyone!

+1
    I honestly think that is pretty fair, another 1k would be nice but I always look at it like who is spending 10k cash right now. It all depends on the area too, skis sometimes go alittle cheaper down there. Tell him you wanted 12, you will meet in the middle at 11

Quote Originally Posted by crashhard View Post
    I honestly think that is pretty fair, another 1k would be nice but I always look at it like who is spending 10k cash right now. It all depends on the area too, skis sometimes go alittle cheaper down there. Tell him you wanted 12, you will meet in the middle at 11
    Thanks. I actually was asking $12K for them, but this guy came along and offered $10K. Not sure if I want to sell them for that low, and I doubt he is going to want to go with $11k. He is coming over tomorrow to look at them some more, so we'll see what happens. If he won't go higher than $10K then I might think on it for a week and post them on eBay with a Buy-it-Now of $12K for 5 days and see what happens. I really want to get an SHO for this summer and selling these is the only way the wife will let me get one (or two). Thanks!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Piraya33 View Post
    Thanks. I actually was asking $12K for them, but this guy came along and offered $10K. Not sure if I want to sell them for that low, and I doubt he is going to want to go with $11k. He is coming over tomorrow to look at them some more, so we'll see what happens. If he won't go higher than $10K then I might think on it for a week and post them on eBay with a Buy-it-Now of $12K for 5 days and see what happens. I really want to get an SHO for this summer and selling these is the only way the wife will let me get one (or two). Thanks!
    How much will the dealer give on trade? Remember you dont have to pay sales tax on the trade in amount. If they gave you $9500 on trade you would come out better than if you sold them outright for $10000

Quote Originally Posted by speedskixp View Post
    How much will the dealer give on trade? Remember you dont have to pay sales tax on the trade in amount. If they gave you $9500 on trade you would come out better than if you sold them outright for $10000
    Good point. I hadn't thought of that. I didn't think about it because I wasn't going to buy new skis to replace these with. I'm sure (2) SHO cruisers with a new trailer would cost around $23K. Not at all what I am looking to spend. I was going to look into the used market again. Wouldn't hurt to see what the dealer would offer though. Thanks!

I just put them up on eBay for 5 days. We'll see what happens.

Thread Information