Any movers? Someone who does odd jobs?

Im considering buying a custom made 120G fish tank from someone in Norwalk Ct. The tank is custom made of 1/4" thick glass and is 48"X24"X24". I would estimate it weighs over 200lbs. I would need to transport it as well as its stand, cabinet, canopy, etc. All custom made of maple and also not light. After borrowing a pickup, gas, and giving beer and pizza to a few buddies to help me and renting a dolly from Uhaul... I feel like I should just pay movers and save the trouble.. can anyone recommend someone? Anyone RELIABLE do side/odd jobs?

The tank only needs to be transported 30min from Norwalk to West Haven.

+1
    Look in the yellow pages under local movers or delivery companies.
    In my are we have "two guys and a truck" they are a franchise and might have a location in your area.

Good luck
    John

haha they want between $300-500. I just called. The guy even said "I dont see it taking longer than 15min to get the tank out of the house and into the truck, another 15min to unload it, and 1hr of transit time round trip"
    That aint happening. It says on their website that they move an entire house for $800

+1
    Wow i used them to move my whole office and they only charged me 300. Can't believe that is the going rate there. You might try a mving company like mayflower. If they can't do it ask them who they would recomend for a local move.
    Hang out at the local pizza place near a college. Those guys will do anything for pizza and beer. LOL

Found a local place that can do it for $150. I can probably live with that. It beats killing myself. After gas, renting a dolly, and buying pizza and beers for my buddies, Id have been out close to $100 bucks anyway.. so the extra $50/60 bucks is worth it to save myself from herniating my sack.

Quote Originally Posted by 04gtxsc View Post
    Hang out at the local pizza place near a college. Those guys will do anything for pizza and beer. LOL

Except this fish tank is worth a lot of money. The $150 offer I just got includes insurance so if it gets dropped and smashed Ill be covered.

+1
    check uship.com

That site is a pain in the ass. I was looking at a trailer located some distance away so I posted up on that site. The trailer sold a few days later and it became a moot point. I continued to get bids repeatedly for a MONTH. I couldnt figure out how to remove the post and stop getting bids.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerslave View Post
    That site is a pain in the ass. I was looking at a trailer located some distance away so I posted up on that site. The trailer sold a few days later and it became a moot point. I continued to get bids repeatedly for a MONTH. I couldnt figure out how to remove the post and stop getting bids.
    I never tried it my nephew used it. it worked for him well. Paid for his gas from FL to PA and had another deal to get him back to FL. Lee

Thread Information