Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Please help..im lost..dealers have no answer

OK..so I own a 2001 Yamaha GP800R..(my first problem i know)

anyways..i have two problems...

1.)My display is non-functional due to water behind the display..
    I have ordered a display from a gp800..NON-R..it looks different obviously,but the guy i bought it from SWORE it worked just the same for him on HIS GP800R..
    which leads me to my SECOND problem...

2.)I don't believe my power valves are working,they are not cycling when the ski is turned on or off,would my new display be able to show me a warning light for this? is my stock display ALSO part of the computer that TELLS powervalves when to work based on RPM? meaning they are only not working because my display isnt working,and since i just ordered a display for a ski that DOESNT have powervalves,i have worsened my situation,or is the display irrelevant regarding the power valves?
    HELP ME?

is it or is it not supposed to cycle the power valves when i start or turn off the ski?

come on guys people are viewing this and nobody's replyng,I NEED SOME ASSISTANCE!

+1
    Welcome to the forum.

I do not know anything about your ski but be patient and The Wise Ones will chime in.

Yeah it should cycle. I want to say its either your pv motor or your display because of the water intrusion. I believe it is the same motor as the gpr 1200/1300. If your dealer couldnt answer that I would be really worried and NEVER bring your ski to them again. Also I dont know the whole story just what you have posted.

+1
    Welcome to the forum. the PV motor should cycle. I have a test document below to check it. As for the display, I would have to look at the microfiche/manual to see if the PV received its power or signal from the display, but I am not sure. Try the test first on the PV servo motor. If yur servo motor tests good, then it is possible the servo motor receives a signal from the display, again, I would have to look at the wiring diagram to determine.

+1
    It looks as if the same 10A fuse protects the Servo motor and display. I would check the 10A fuse as a start.
    You also need the Multifunction display for the R motor.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen shot 2010-03-09 at 7.52.19 PM.png 
Views:	168 
Size:	83.2 KB 
ID:	177099   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen shot 2010-03-09 at 7.58.21 PM.png 
Views:	158 
Size:	127.7 KB 
ID:	177100  

i will do all of these tomorrow,thanks guys so much i have literally gotten more help/direction from your replies than three trips to yamaha dealers..lol

i will post the results tomorrow..

+1
    get rid of the gauge, dont even bother doing test until you put a new unit in. I am almost positive the gauge sends a signal, When the pv cycles it doesnt do it all the time, if you pay attention the gauge usually has to light completly for it to cycle. There is a good chance your pv's are gummed up also. Would be easy to remove the 2 -10mm bolts and take the pv motor cables off and see if you can move the shaft, at the same time you can see if doing that gave the pv motor some play and now the pv motor will cycle.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RX951 View Post
    It looks as if the same 10A fuse protects the Servo motor and display. I would check the 10A fuse as a start.
    is there a way to wire the servo motor to open and close on demand ? im doing a sled conversion ani want to be able to open and close my valves by a switch

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rr44red View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RX951 View Post
    is there a way to wire the servo motor to open and close on demand ? im doing a sled conversion ani want to be able to open and close my valves by a switch
    Just depends if it's a contact close or open or a voltage style contact. Theoretically you should be able to. Find the common and open/close and test it unless it is computer controlled via a bus style system.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information