Rude 2 Supercharger slip question

I just checked my slip on my Rude 2 after 40 hours & the slip was 21n-m lbs. I swear the last time I set it to 17n-m lbs. Is it possible for the slip to get higher? I'm riding a 06 RXT. I re-torqued the shaft nut by the washers to 30n-m & I still got 19n-m lbs slip. Do I need to get the slip to 17n-m lbs-18n-m lbs or am I OK with 19n-m lbs? I don't want to break the shaft. I'm a rec rider. Any advise? Is there a reason the slip can go higher? (like hammering it hard & backing it off too easy)

+1
    Dave, are you reading torque in Newton Meters?

For a 2 rude 14-16 ft lbs/20 NM slip is all that's needed.

Also, do not under any circumstances over torque the nut on the supercharger shaft any higher than 22 ft lbs. (30 NM) Tightening this nut tighter will not make the slip higher.

To answer your original question, no you will never get a higher torque reading over time. The slip always drops lower.

Yes, meters, not lbs. My mistake. I thought my torque on slip looked higher & just wanted to be sure there wasn't any chance of it somehow getting higher over time. I didn't see how it could, but still I had to ask the question. With this much boost, I wasn't sure what could happen. I know it was hard getting my slip correct the first time because if the slip is over 30N-m the slip will stop & the nut will tighten. With that kind of fine line, I was surprised to find my slip so high after so many hours. Thanks for the info Jerry. I'll re-loctite the nut to 30N-m & keep the slip at 19 N-m.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    Dave, are you reading torque in Newton Meters?

For a 2 rude 14-16 ft lbs/20 NM slip is all that's needed.

Also, do not under any circumstances over torque the nut on the supercharger shaft any higher than 22 ft lbs. (30 NM) Tightening this nut tighter will not make the slip higher.

To answer your original question, no you will never get a higher torque reading over time. The slip always drops lower.
    Thats how my 2Rude slip is at 16ft lbs.

if you had the impeller nut loose while you were setting your clutch slip and tightened it after the slip can go up. you have to have the impeller nut torqued BEFORE you torque the clutch nut otherwise you could move the collar on the shaft.

I didn't touch the impeller nut at all.

+1
    Can someone tell me what slip I need to shot for when fitting new washers and McMaster Carrs??? How long would you break it in for?? then re-set to what??

Will be taking it easy as Im going to have a rude dude daddy controller to get right with some 80s can you hear power??? LOL R88

+1
    Rory,

I set mine and another members up to 180 inch lbs upon breakin..After breakin i seen mine drop to 170 and the other charger dropped to 175..I never reset the other charger and it was sold to OU812 and ran that way in a couple of off shore races..I reset mine to 180 and havent had an issue since.its held right around there all year.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoman View Post
    Rory,

I set mine and another members up to 180 inch lbs upon breakin..After breakin i seen mine drop to 170 and the other charger dropped to 175..I never reset the other charger and it was sold to OU812 and ran that way in a couple of off shore races..I reset mine to 180 and havent had an issue since.its held right around there all year.
    nice one thanks sno, Once I get my new bits ill be stripping off what the charger gas onit now and re-building the clutch. This thing need to suvive CC lol. R88

Thread Information