The Good, Bad, and The UGLY Stage 1 and 2 Mods

Well I have had my current set of jetskis for about 3 months now and during that time I have tried MOST of the mods due in no small part with the help of others here on the board and this is my own personal evaluation of the mods I have tried (based on a 1-10 scale) and what I would change if I had to come up with a more effective mod list:

Riva Stage One:

got a couple of MPH out of these mods. The 14/19R impeller , intake grate were SOLID mods (I give them a 7-. The power filter seemed ineffective (the 4 inch intake is money MUCH better spent) so i give it maybe a 4-5. The pump wedge IMO was a bust and resulted in porpoising badly (0 from me on this one). So Overall I would give Riva Stage one maybe a 6-7

BETTER Stage One:

I would get Solas 14/19R impeller, RIVA grate (like in the Stage 1 kit), 4 inch custom intake with 4 inch K&D filter and 4 INCH SUPERCHARGER adapter (RXPBLAST). The cost for this stage is around 750.00.

Stage 2 mods:

While I skipped the stage and jumped to a bkit the most effective stage 2 I have seen because it always seems to produce 75-77 mph results here with the guys I know locally is the following: RR impeller , 4501 ecu, 42 pound injectors , RIVA power cooler, 15/20 solas impeller. I would give this combo a 8 - 8.5. This stage with these mods will cost you about 3,500.00 but for the results I think it is worth it.

MUST do mods:

Supercharger washers (rating 10)

FREE MODS that worked:

Rideplate holes filled, No impeller nose cone (these 2 were good for 1 mph)
    (rating 10)
    Last edited by sr71bb; 09-10-2006 at 10:39 AM.

So if I take what I have now and add rideplateholes, nosecone, new re-map, skegs, and grate what do I have? I'm running 79-80.5 at 18 degrees.

Well that's a damn good question. These skis are just like my race cars I mess around with, sometime they defy logic. For example you would think that if EACH individual mod is say worth 1 mPH individually that if you did all 3 you would see 3MPH, RIGHT??? Well rarely does that happen so the important thing I guess is in the overall combination of mods. The other thing is the EXACT same set of mods on my ski may not do they same on your ski for whatever reason. For example, for the mods he has done to it I think SUNDANCE's ski is amazingly fast and i would be willing to bet that his speed with the SAME set of mods would be very hard to duplicate in another ski.

those same mods would do the same on mine

Putting the upgraded metal supercharger washers in, does it improve the boost by reducing slippage? or just resist being torn apart? very curious.

MAtt,

The metal washers will not increase boost NO but if you IF you have run the ceramic stock ones for a while they are probably worn and this WILL cause some slippage in your supercharger clutch which WILL affect boost. In my own particular case , because my ceramics were worn I was slipping at about 4 to 5 foot pounds on the slip test instead of around the 10 foot pound mark.

I'm doing the little things tonight and tommorrow to answer my own question from above. I'm skeptical of the nose cone though.

Thread Information