Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

thinking about parting out ski, have a few ??'s

I have a 2002 polaris virage TXI. I have put too much money into it and it still does not run right. It's at a well known shop now so i should know what the deal is with it by sometime next week.

Everything worked fine for a while when i bought it then i blew the stator. I had the stator and a few other things replaced by a different shop. The ski ran good for about 1 hour then the flywheel broke, which then tore up the stator again. I put a new starter, and replaced the stator, flywheel, and crank shaft sensor with a used one that was susposed to be from the same year ski. Now the ski turns over but back firers. Like i said above its at a good shop now so we'll see what the issue is.

If it is going to cost too much i'm thinking about parting it out. Anybody know what the best way to part it out is, or know any one looking to buy one for parts. Also would have a double trailer for sale.

SPEED KILLS, BUT YOU GET THERE QUICKER Keddano's Avatar
    +1
    Where is it located? It can be a pain to part one. removing parts listing and shipping. So your best way without hassle might be to sell it whole. Of course alot on here might be interested in repairing it to have.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Looks like he is in 95133 -> San Jose, California.

Backfiring implies the EMM has a problem

If installing a known good CPS doesn't help, then the EMM is suspect. A good shop should have access to another EMM to swap in for a test. Any year/model Polaris EMM from a three cylinder fuel injected engine will do for testing purposes.

My suspicion is that the original flywheel was loosing magnet pieces, and damaged the original stator.

Then the stator was replaced, and the flywheel failed completely, killing the stator again.

Since the machine is currently at the service shop, do let us know what they say.

found out the problem

They said when i blew up the stator the first time the computer went too. They put a spare computer in and it ran perfect. Now what should i do?

He quoted me 1200 for a new computer or 900 to have mine re-built. I thought I read on here that you can get them fixed for about 600(is the shop just making it up). Is that true?

He said mine has some corrosion so it might not even be able to be re-built, is that possable?

Does anybody know anyone selling one that would fit my ski or where i could get a quote?

Thanks for the help.

take it out of the shop pay for the labor of having it diagnosed find a emm

Quote Originally Posted by kc44408 View Post
    They said when i blew up the stator the first time the computer went too. They put a spare computer in and it ran perfect. Now what should i do?

He quoted me 1200 for a new computer or 900 to have mine re-built. I thought I read on here that you can get them fixed for about 600(is the shop just making it up). Is that true?

He said mine has some corrosion so it might not even be able to be re-built, is that possable?

Does anybody know anyone selling one that would fit my ski or where i could get a quote?

Thanks for the help.
    I'm picking up an 01 txi saturday am, If the electrical is complete I will let you know, I am converting to carbed.

Thanks I'll be waiting to hear from u.

+1
    So the EMM that you have now was a 'spare' from the shop that installed the replacement stator the first time.

What happened to the original EMM that was taken out the first time?

Now it has another stator (new, or good used?), and the shop thinks the replacement EMM also has a problem. And that EMM has some corrosion too.

DFI Technologies does repair Polaris EMM. They cannot repair every possible EMM problem, but they seem to have a decent track record.

Last time I checked, the retail price for an EMM repair varied somewhat, but was about $600US. They do have a discount program for dealers and service shops.

DFI Technologies
    Email: [email protected]

DFI Technologies
    22638 Canal Rd
    Orange Beach, AL
    USA 36561
    +1 (251) 974-5210 Voice
    +1 (251) 974-5226 FAX

Rasta Mon Condoms We Be Jammin!!!!! TxVirageTx's Avatar
    +1

emm

k correct me if i'm wrong.if the shop just installed a spare emm they would also have to calibrate it for the fuel injectors that were on the ski.if they didn't you may have bigger issues,have you checked the compression ??

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by TxPro1200 View Post
    k correct me if I'm wrong. If the shop just installed a spare EMM they would also have to calibrate it for the fuel injectors that were on the ski.

if they didn't you may have bigger issues,have you checked the compression ??
    If the shop knew what they were doing, they can transfer the injector data from the old EMM to the replacement EMM (new or used), provided the old EMM wasn't completely dead (and they usually aren't).

Since the machine is currently at a repair shop, I am assuming they would have checked the basic mechanical things like compression.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information