RACING STAND UPS?

If I wanted to race how much effort is involved?

Can I even compete with a SJ or would I have to get an SXR for sure?

How much does it cost and where would I have to go if I live in Ohio? Could I just race in the states surrounding me roughly I would I have some long journeys?

I have been considering it ever since someone posted that helmet cam race vid on da X.

It looks awsome!

+1
    Check out this link to find the promoter nearest you, looks like it would be a tossup from region 6 & 8, both are very competitive regions.
    http://www.ijsba.com/ijsba/index.cfm...ned%20Promoter

A SuperJet is "ok", most everybody is jumping ship for the SXR.

I'll check it out. I doubt I can pull it off but I am interested.

Will I HAVE to get an SXR to compete?

Where the hell is the X!!!!

Holy carp!! Thats a lot of drivin!!

8 looks better for me though. But would they let me cuz I'm in Ohio and it shos 6 for that.

I don't think you can race with footholds. And since you have a lightened flywheel on there, you might have to go superstock. They'll blow your doors in!!! Sick Sick Sick top speeds.

It would be fun though!!!

Could I just glass in kells footholds and superstock that sucka! Shes got those R and D sponsons on there. But if I was SS SJ then I would be racing SS SXR's , correct? I would'nt stand a chance. I gotta consider getting an SXR to go with my SJ.

What is the typical region 6 and season? I could possible be ready for next season.

I'm just playing with the idea right now.

i am the promoter for region 8 just bring your stuff and race. we dont care.

Let's go racing

I live in Sandusky, OH and race standup's I can get you all the info for our Region 6 you need. I sent you a PM.

If I wanted to race how much effort is involved?

Very little to a lot...depends. Very little starting out, but you'll get hooked. You'd start out in the beginner class most likely to get a feel for it with other racers starting out. It is an open class, so your good to go with your ski as long as it passes tech and complies to IJSBA rules.

Can I even compete with a SJ or would I have to get an SXR for sure?

I still see my share of superjets out there. I have an sxr and love it, but it's about rider ability as well as speed as you move up. I'm not sure about the footholes, but in beginner races, it should slide.

How much does it cost and where would I have to go if I live in Ohio? Could I just race in the states surrounding me roughly I would I have some long journeys?

Many of our races this year were around 3 hours or less with one on the west side of Ohio. The long journeys are fun too as we go to some really cool places. We travel to Region 8 and Region 7 races too

It looks awsome! And it is...best sport in the world

Aloha,
    Scoot
    Last edited by Scoot72; 09-10-2006 at 04:54 PM.

Hey 8's...this boy's ours

you dont have to fill in the footholds, you can just make a plug for it......... as far as regional racing goes, most promoters are not going to say anything about them, they are not a performance modification, but honestly, they did mess me up, I like to plant my foot agains the sides, with footholds, you cant really do that..........

Thread Information