Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Pump Tunnel Reinforcement

Post or PM here.

Looking to see if anyone bought one but decided not to use it and wants to sell it.

Let me know.

+1
    Tell 305 coco to get his a$$ back to work!Lee

+1
    i just bought one from 305coco very nice piece

Quote Originally Posted by Black Z-24 View Post
    Post or PM here.

Looking to see if anyone bought one but decided not to use it and wants to sell it.

Let me know.
    Why not just do the DIY way? You can come over to my place when I do mine and we can just knock both out in the same day. I bought my fiberglass and resin from Lowes for around $24 or so. You'd just need to get more fiberglass. I bought the fiberglass mat over cloth, but I think I am going to go back and get the cloth instead... still debating.

Also, pump shoe brackets, have you done yours?

http://www.boats.net/parts/detail/ya...571-00-00.html

Pump shoe inserts. $8 each, Im gonna order mine probably today or tomorrow, I can order 4 if you want me to.

I'm game. Just let me know when.

What do the brackets do for my pump?

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid AWD View Post
    Why not just do the DIY way? You can come over to my place when I do mine and we can just knock both out in the same day. I bought my fiberglass and resin from Lowes for around $24 or so. You'd just need to get more fiberglass. I bought the fiberglass mat over cloth, but I think I am going to go back and get the cloth instead... still debating.

Also, pump shoe brackets, have you done yours?

http://www.boats.net/parts/detail/ya...571-00-00.html

Pump shoe inserts. $8 each, Im gonna order mine probably today or tomorrow, I can order 4 if you want me to.

Yes, whats the deal with the intake grate brackets? You don't need to replace them.
    Save yourself the huge headache now and just get the reinforcment from Coco! The fit is like a glove and there is no mess if done correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Mochanic View Post
    Yes, whats the deal with the intake grate brackets? You don't need to replace them.
    Save yourself the huge headache now and just get the reinforcment from Coco! The fit is like a glove and there is no mess if done correctly.
    We did the tunnel reinforcement over the weekend. Although the prefab part does look nice, it's by far cheaper to lay the glass yourself. I've had my share of glass work experience, so it was no big deal. Both skis we did turned out great imo.

The intake grate brackets are getting replaced now, WFO is the supplier of the brackets.

I still don't understand why you guys are replacing the intake grate brackets. What am I missing?

Quote Originally Posted by Mochanic View Post
    I still don't understand why you guys are replacing the intake grate brackets. What am I missing?
    The intake grate is held in by the same brass inserts as the pump shoe. It's just 2 round brass inserts held in with 5200. WFO's setup is a 1" thick piece of aluminum with 2 holes drilled and tapped that helps not only spreads the forces but also ties the two intake grate bolts together. This eliminates the possibility of them being ripped through the hull.

It's cheap insurance to know your intake grate bolts will stay in place and that the force is distributed through the block and hull.

Ah! I just realized your talking about the front two bolt holes for the intake grate. The pics helped... Cuz after seeing the original pics with the cast aluminum pieces and you guys talking about replacing them I was like WTF. have any pics of your fiberglass job yet?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information