Pain is fear leaving your body.... rlovebk's Avatar
    +1

PWC Offshore race D.P. to Catalina

Hello folks. Anyone wanting to test themselves on the 'ol blue briny check this one out. Go to PWCOFFSHORE.com for more info. March 28th is the date.
    Really, I see myself doing one of these in the next year or 2. Had elbow surgery and other issues this year but that gives me until next Nov. to get ready for leg 3 of the triple crown. By then I'll be a springy 48 yrs. and ready to rock.
    These races need support and this year I HAVE to go check it out. And the best.... These guys are more about looking out for eachother and safety than anything else. Challenge yourselves. I need to.

Quote Originally Posted by rlovebk View Post
    Hello folks. Anyone wanting to test themselves on the 'ol blue briny check this one out. Go to PWCOFFSHORE.com for more info. March 28th is the date.
    Really, I see myself doing one of these in the next year or 2. Had elbow surgery and other issues this year but that gives me until next Nov. to get ready for leg 3 of the triple crown. By then I'll be a springy 48 yrs. and ready to rock.
    These races need support and this year I HAVE to go check it out. And the best.... These guys are more about looking out for eachother and safety than anything else. Challenge yourselves. I need to.
    Well said RLOVEBK. This is the second annual Dana Point to Avalon. I did last years and it was great. I won't kid you, heading out the pace is brisk (I guess that's why they call it a race!). On the way back the ride is much more leisurely. There is a very important point that was made here and it should not be overlooked. Many are racing an event like this to win. Others are doing it for the sheer challenge. And others yet just want to be part of something that involves dedication and some discipline to do it. But the common denominator for all is that we all need each other to make the event happen. This is the first of 3 events which encompass "the Triple Crown". If you are fortunate enough to win one of these or look yourself in the mirror and can honestly say "I did the very best I could that day given the conditions / boat that I have" well, I think that person is a Winner. An even better feeling, IMO, is after the 3rd race has been completed and you can look back and see where you did well, perhaps some areas can be improved on, etc. To compete in one race is great. To compete in all 3 is spectacular! All these 3 events are on So Cal (Los Angeles) and I am very familiar with the waters where all 3 events will take place. If I can answer anyones questions about these 3 events, here is my e mail. I will get back to you! jb

[email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by john belton View Post
    Well said RLOVEBK. This is the second annual Dana Point to Avalon. I did last years and it was great. I won't kid you, heading out the pace is brisk (I guess that's why they call it a race!). On the way back the ride is much more leisurely. There is a very important point that was made here and it should not be overlooked. Many are racing an event like this to win. Others are doing it for the sheer challenge. And others yet just want to be part of something that involves dedication and some discipline to do it. But the common denominator for all is that we all need each other to make the event happen. This is the first of 3 events which encompass "the Triple Crown". If you are fortunate enough to win one of these or look yourself in the mirror and can honestly say "I did the very best I could that day given the conditions / boat that I have" well, I think that person is a Winner. An even better feeling, IMO, is after the 3rd race has been completed and you can look back and see where you did well, perhaps some areas can be improved on, etc. To compete in one race is great. To compete in all 3 is spectacular! All these 3 events are on So Cal (Los Angeles) and I am very familiar with the waters where all 3 events will take place. If I can answer anyones questions about these 3 events, here is my e mail. I will get back to you! jb

[email protected]
    "THE MASTER" AKA John Belton has spoken! For those of you that don't know, John has completed well over 500 (yes, over 500) round trips from Long Beach to Catalina and Back treks (approx. 58 miles round trip). There is NOBODY that knows the channel better than him .......................... "The Masta"

Thread Information