MSX 150 turbo? Need Help please !!

I have a 04 msx 150 turbo polaris that was flipped over and I brought it in the shop,there was no water in the oil but changed it anyway,cranked it up and it is blowing oil out of a small hole in the cyclone valve next to the oil tank,it will actually blow it to the roof! I replaced the valve with a new one and still the same thing! Anyone ever have this or know what would cause this ? Thanks in advance ! Mack....

+1
    Makzilla,

This sounds like a strange one, The only thing I can help with is my understanding of how the cyclone works.

When the engine is running the valve on top of the oil tank is opened by oil pressure allowing the engine breather to open (closes when oil pressure is lost, eg roll over) The engine breather goes to the inlet of the turbo via the cyclone separator, the cyclone separates out any oil droplets from oil vapor, collects them and feeds them back to the sump via a small hose. There is a one way check valve in the assembly to stop any oil being able to be pumped back out(crancase pressure) or draining(rollover) from the sump.
    Some have said this hole does not even exist on some late model snowmobiles with the Weber engine.

Could you have overfilled the oil? The fact that you have changed the cyclone assembly leads me to beleive the hoses connected to it are clear of oil.

Further investigation is needed unless some one has the answer.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Kosh View Post
    Makzilla,

This sounds like a strange one, The only thing I can help with is my understanding of how the cyclone works.

When the engine is running the valve on top of the oil tank is opened by oil pressure allowing the engine breather to open (closes when oil pressure is lost, eg roll over) The engine breather goes to the inlet of the turbo via the cyclone separator, the cyclone separates out any oil droplets from oil vapor, collects them and feeds them back to the sump via a small hose. There is a one way check valve in the assembly to stop any oil being able to be pumped back out(crancase pressure) or draining(rollover) from the sump.
    Some have said this hole does not even exist on some late model snowmobiles with the Weber engine.

Could you have overfilled the oil? The fact that you have changed the cyclone assembly leads me to beleive the hoses connected to it are clear of oil.

Further investigation is needed unless some one has the answer.

Cheers
    That makes the most sense out of this ordeal! I will check the engine for overfill and pull up the diagrams to find that check valve also....thanks so much for the advice mate !! Cheers,,,,Mack...

+1
    Mackzilla,

You wont find the check valve in the parts diagram, it is sealed in the cyclone assembly. To test it, remove, connect a hose to the drain and suck - you will be able to draw air - blow and the valve will close. The valve will normally be open to allow gravity to drain any oil and close at very low pressure.

If you have excessive oil in the engine and has pumped it into your intake you will need to clean it out.
    I have seperated the breather from the engine intake on my ski as in the event of a powered rollover the oil shut off does not happen quick enough to stop contamination of the intercooler and sensors (lots of work)

Watcon sells a replacement upgrade oil reserviour that solves this problem.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Kosh View Post
    Mackzilla,

You wont find the check valve in the parts diagram, it is sealed in the cyclone assembly. To test it, remove, connect a hose to the drain and suck - you will be able to draw air - blow and the valve will close. The valve will normally be open to allow gravity to drain any oil and close at very low pressure.

If you have excessive oil in the engine and has pumped it into your intake you will need to clean it out.
    I have seperated the breather from the engine intake on my ski as in the event of a powered rollover the oil shut off does not happen quick enough to stop contamination of the intercooler and sensors (lots of work)

Watcon sells a replacement upgrade oil reserviour that solves this problem.

Cheers
    Thanks Kosh, We are about to dive into this abiss and try to solve this problem! This will give us a good start to have an angle on this,thanks for the info and Cheers,good day!! Mack....

Thread Information