Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Oil in intercooler?

Hi,I removed both BOV today and there was oil in both of them and in the pipe that return the the air box, is that normal? or am i having an oil blowby issue? Is there a way to know if there is oil at the bottom of the intercooler without removing it?

+1
    Over filling with oil has caused those problems. Make sure you have correct oil level. There is a thread on here on how to do it properly.

Here's one:

http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=80112

+1
    yes thanks, but i know about the oil issue, i would like to know if there is a way to see if there is oil in the intercooler without removing it? or as soon as the BOV as oil in it that mean that the intercooler have to be cleaned

Actually you need to check/clean the COMPLETE air intake system from air box/runner and s/c, everything front of the intercooler.

The oil is not from the piston blow-by, but from the over-pressiurized crankcase oil via breather tube into the air intake. It will not harm anything until the oil residue reach to the plugs - oil fouling & running issue then.

+1
    yes unfortunatley if you have oil there, then it has passed through the cooler and will be sitting at the bottom ,you're gonna have to take the intercooler out and clean it . It is easy to remove though just remove catch can , inlet duct from s/c , outlet duct to manifold and the 3 water hoses then it is just held in by 2 bolts at the base .unplug the sensor at the white connector before pulling it out .

+1
    Ok thanks i going to remove it and clean it. I'm going to run the engine with lower oil level and i hope this will solve the problem cause i don't want to pull that intercooler every week

Hey, I notice in your picture that you have a 2009 260X and are from Canada. Are you getting gas in the oil in the 260X? Do you get the GIO when riding in cold water only or throughout the year?

+1
    Yes i do have GIO but i think it's because i have a problem with it. the engine have a tendency to flood when i try to start it after a long ride and when it does flood i need to remove the plug and dry it. I only have 30hrs and the dealer need to plug it on the computer to see what is wrong with it, but we live in the same country so you know that it's winter here and i'm waiting until spring to have it check. The dealer sold two exactly like mine on the same batch and they both have the same problem but it seem that is an isolated problem cause i haven't heard of any GIO problem on the 260x anywhere on this forum so if someone else have the same problem please let me know.
    As for the weather i don't think it really matters cause it does the same thing in summer and in fall when the water was like 12deg celcius that would be around 50deg fahrenheit

Well you're not the only one with GIO in the 260X. I have a 2009 that I purchased after trading in a 2007 250X. Was hoping the GIO was solved in the 260X as I was reading with no such luck. The only difference with the 260X is that the GIO is very minimal when riding in warm water but seems to get much worse in very cold water.
    As for the hard starting, I also noticed that after shutting the machine off it normally won't catch after the first start attempt. In my case however it always starts on the second attempt. I read on here that shutting the machine off right after stopping from full throttle seems to cause this condition or make it worse but I haven't had a chance to test this (due to winter!!)

+1
    i heard about shutting down after wot but i tried it many ways even let him idle for a few minute, ride it at about 3000rpm for about 1 minute before stopping it and that didn't change anything. As for the GIO problem, my oil when up by a quart in around 20 hrs, so now i can't be sure if it's the engine flooding or not. A quart is pretty much

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information