Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Rius Racing Mark Hahn Boat Build

This was on my facebook, thought everyone here would like to see the internals of the Mark Hahn boat. Was running very very well until we pitted and had over 4 gallons of water in our tank. Ended our day short but we still had a great time and made the best of it. This boat was running a dual prop setup with a stock pump and nozzles was a 14/26 main impeller was on 91 octane pump gas at 11psi during testing was pulling to 8450 at 79.8 mph and after reviewing race data once the turbo was warm it was pulling to 8600. Very close to our revlimit just for this race at 8650 and to save valvetrain wear and tear when coming out of the water. At 8625 it pulls timing down to 15 degrees so makes me wonder how fast it actually was going. We built this boat for the long haul and tried to keep r's and boost down this is the same turbo we use in our open class boat just dialed down the boost with the electronic boost controller and took away all antilag to keep exhaust components cool. Was a fun build and was about 2 weeks from when we split decks to when it hit the water again for engine breakin. Thanks to Riva Racing for providing a great gasket for the cylinder head. L.C. Engineering for our head work and custom machine work for all our race engines. A&B supply in Havasu for always having the hardware and hose, and fitting to get such a boat done in record time. Quakysence and Jet Trim were a huge help in the rider traction department best threads in the business. Hope you all enjoy the pics. I am not really sure how to post the pics directly so feel free if you know how to do so, otherwise enjoy the album.
    http://s800.photobucket.com/albums/y...20hahn%20boat/

Great write up! Very interesting. Shame on the water in the jug thing, would have been fun to see the results if it would have run the hole race. Nice pics too!

man that loooks like a lot of money spent!

Banned User
    +1
    Very well done

I would suggest goign with different IC's though, as those barrel units are very resrtictive ...I flowed them together and individually.
    http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=110657

+1
    Seems like a lot of work to get the boat to go 79 mph.

This was more of a fun project for us see what we can do with what we have lying around between going back and forth between Dubai. The innercoolers worked very well for our goal lower intake temps to lower combustion temps to be able to run pump gas. We do however only use garrett cores for our race coolers with cast donor tanks. As for speed we met our goal and that was 78-80mph pump gas, low boost, hooked up, glued to the water, on a sho. With no clutches to break and no supercharger shafts to snap we had been planning for rough conditions as it seems to be the trend lately. As for only going 79 it was not all it could get with the turbo it's not how fast can it go it's how fast do you wanna go and how long do you want it to live there. This same turbo was on my 90plus mph open class boat the week before in Dubai it came home with me in my luggage to get a once over and run the mark hahn.

+1
    Hahahah !! lovin that poochy ....she looks right at home .

May i ask what is now on the crank snout .....i was planning a turbo set up but wondered what would become of the SC drive assembly .

Well done and thanks for showing it all.

+1
    Great thread and thanks for posting the pics. The boat is awesome. It would be cool to know how fast 79 mph arrives.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by josh217 View Post
    This was more of a fun project for us see what we can do with what we have lying around between going back and forth between Dubai. The innercoolers worked very well for our goal lower intake temps to lower combustion temps to be able to run pump gas. We do however only use garrett cores for our race coolers with cast donor tanks. As for speed we met our goal and that was 78-80mph pump gas, low boost, hooked up, glued to the water, on a sho. With no clutches to break and no supercharger shafts to snap we had been planning for rough conditions as it seems to be the trend lately. As for only going 79 it was not all it could get with the turbo it's not how fast can it go it's how fast do you wanna go and how long do you want it to live there. This same turbo was on my 90plus mph open class boat the week before in Dubai it came home with me in my luggage to get a once over and run the mark hahn.
    Cool. I understand now. Sorry you guys had problems with water & fuel.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos Thomas View Post
    Seems like a lot of work to get the boat to go 79 mph.
    It may have only been 79mph carlos but it never slowed down in the chop either. It just kept pulling away form warner and I.

Awsome setup josh, and on pump gas thats kind of a sweet deal for a 300 mile race.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information