2007 RXP Super Charger rebuild

Looking for the following answers:

1. Is it imperative to use clamp that came with rebuild kit that requires O-Tecler pliers or can I use traditional hose clamp?
    2. Calls for Isoflex Grease to the inner shaft of the gear thrust surface, titanium washers, needle bearings shaft surface and lock washer, but can I use oil?
    3. Sealing surface between supercharger and PTO housing has to be greased with Super Lube Grease (P/N 293 550 030). Sounds to me like Seadoo is just trying to sell grease, am I right? What else can I use (type of grease)?

robert

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rmaier View Post

1. Is it imperative to use clamp that came with rebuild kit that requires O-Tecler pliers or can I use traditional hose clamp?
    2. Calls for Isoflex Grease to the inner shaft of the gear thrust surface, titanium washers, needle bearings shaft surface and lock washer, but can I use oil?
    3. Sealing surface between supercharger and PTO housing has to be greased with Super Lube Grease (P/N 293 550 030). Sounds to me like Seadoo is just trying to sell grease, am I right? What else can I use (type of grease)?

robert
    The seadoo hose clamps are bad quality,use hoseclamps ,the heavy type with a bolt,otherwise your hose can blow off.

Isoflex grease or other brand grease helps the needle bearing stick to the shaft ,easier for installing the toothgear the grease prevents needle bearings falling off during installing.

I always use white marine type of grease.

Use grease or oil for installing the superchager on pto housing.
    Makes it easier om installing.

The grease will dissolve anyway when the oilpumps start pumping oil into the supercharger.

Hope this helps.

Thank you..

Wink

it matters were you you put grease

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rmaier View Post

robert
    1. I use plain (worm drive) stainless steel hose clamps. Nothing special - they have never blown off.

2. Yes use oil. I've rebuilt my supercharger twice without isoflex grease - no problems at all. The wax strip that the needle bearings come on is intended to hold the needles in place during rebuild - not the Isoflex grease. Be sure to remove the backing strip - but leave the wax strip with the needles when you wrap them around the shaft.

3. Use Anti-seize lube.

+1
    I only use grease to hold the needle bearings in place when im replacing the clutches..other than that i never use grease when rebuilding a SCer.

Thread Information