Thread: PUMP WEDGE

PUMP WEDGE

Will the wedge afffect the handling on this ski. I have the whole level one kit from PPG. Also being that this is my first sea-doo, what extra tools will I need to pull the impeller out? Also does this pump have oil in it?

Thanks
    Peter

+1
    The wedge will indeed affect handling. The wedge is fine for glass, but not in chop.

The pump doesn't use oil, it used grease and yes, you will need an impeller shaft tool to remove it. I think they are about $15 at PPG.

impeller tool

I got the impeller splined tool from PPG the other day. I saw in the manual that there is another tool that you hold on the other side of the shaft. This may be for a 2 stroke pump. I know on my ultra i stick the other end of the impeller shaft in a vice and then use the splinned adapter wrench and I am good to go. Is that the same for the RXP??

Peter

You just need a 12mm allen socket (allen wench) for the shaft end.

impeller

Thanks for the input. I feel like a first timer with this sea-doo. I am so use to Kawi and Yami's

Peter

+1
    I made a big mistake last week. I took my ski to my local marina to have my prop changed because I hurt my shoulder and couldn't do it myself. They changed my prop. I tried out the prop. It didn't work out, so they picked up my ski at my boathouse the next day and drove it back to the marina (10 minutes by ski). Changed the prop back to the original and put in a new wear ring. They ordered me 3 wear rings from another local marina. Well, I got the invoice yesterday. Holy Cow! They billed me for 5 hours labor and $40 for each of the 3 wear rings. The total came to $460.00! They also told me that my prop shaft was screwed up and I may need a new one. I think they did the damage when they removed the prop from the pump. I think my grandmother could change a prop in less than an hour. What do you guys think?

Phil, I have an extra shaft (i belive they are the same). When we swap out your impeller this weekend we can take a look. Maybe it is time for the RR shaft setup!!

Phil, I'm sorry to hear that... that sucks!!!

RXPNJ,
    I just put the Riva 2 degree pump wedge on my ski this past weekend. I was out of my home town visiting family so I went riding in a lake that I do not usually ride in. The lake wasn't really rough, but it had long rolling swells through-out the entire lake. It was all I could do to keep the nose in the water, it was jumping like crazy. I wasn't impressed...

But, I'm optimistic. In my home town, 95% of my riding is in smooth to slightly choppy water. I ride with another guy that has one and he loves it, so I'm going to give it another chance this weekend in my normal riding location.

By the way... With the wedge, if you put the trim all the way up!!!! You can pull that ski vertical out of the hole. Its insane!!!

I'll let you know how it goes this weekend.

+1
    It is fun to go vert with that wedge, especially when staging a crest of a wave to accelerate up and over.

Thread Information