Flushing question

hi guys. i have a quick question as a newbie.

i just bought a salt away mixing unit and product.

i read in the instructions that if i need to flush a PWC I only need to fill the caup 1/4.

my question is whether i fill the rest of the cup(until full) with water or leave it there to 1/4 .

thank you

+1
    I usually mix a full cup. Flush the ski first then use the remaining solution to rinse down the ski, trailer, and my vehicle.

If you just use 1/4 cup you do not need to fill up the cup with water. It will fill up on it's own when you turn it on. Be sure to run it on water-only to rinse the ski out after flushing.

but it sais not to flush the ski afterwards with water only because it leaves a crust that prevents salt to build up. am I wrong ?

Quote Originally Posted by Jean-Paul View Post
    but it sais not to flush the ski afterwards with water only because it leaves a crust that prevents salt to build up. am I wrong ?
    I got a white residue all over everything by not rinsing after flushing. It builds up pretty bad in the exhaust manifold and I thought it might clog the intercooler. Anyway, I rinse after using salt away. Some guys here say Dawn dishwashing soap is just like salt away and is a cheap replacement for it. I haven't used it yet.

1okay i have another question.. when i flush the engine with salt away, after i finish do i need to throttle to remove remaining water in the waterbox or not ?

2the same question applies from when i take it out of the water until my home (2 hours for home) , do i habe to open the throttle to remove water from waterbox ?

3and also until how many rpm should I hit ?( i really don't like it when throttling out of the water)

4is there any other way of getting rid of the waterbox water ?perhaps by tilting the ski ?

1okay i have another question.. when i flush the engine with salt away, after i finish do i need to throttle to remove remaining water in the waterbox or not ?

2the same question applies from when i take it out of the water until my home (2 hours for home) , do i habe to open the throttle to remove water from waterbox ?

3and also until how many rpm should I hit ?( i really don't like it when throttling out of the water)

4is there any other way of getting rid of the waterbox water ?perhaps by tilting the ski ?
    Greece huh? Sorry man. We will be there with you soon enough.

+1
    1okay i have another question.. when i flush the engine with salt away, after i finish do i need to throttle to remove remaining water in the waterbox or not ? Yes

2the same question applies from when i take it out of the water until my home (2 hours for home) , do i habe to open the throttle to remove water from waterbox ? Yes, do it at the boat ramp, before you tow it home.

3and also until how many rpm should I hit ?( i really don't like it when throttling out of the water) Does not have to be much, 4 - 5000 rpm maximum bursts, do a few, thats all that is needed.

No

Thread Information