+1

How much amps for the Ultra

Hi, i'm searching for info on the amps rating for the Ultra 260 and i didn't found any. Can someone help with this one? I want to add bilges blowers and i want to know how many amps the Ultra can handle. I would like to have the spec rating.

From shop manual.
    For bilge i use the Riva deluxe kit, works perfect.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ultra electrics.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	104.2 KB 
ID:	178097   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	102.0 KB 
ID:	178098  

+1
    Thanks GODOSIDIS
    This is what i'm installing now. I removed both 3" pipe and flange in the front and modified 2 blowers so they bolt right up to the body. by removing the flange i gain almost a 1" diameter cause the inside of the flange was just 2"1/2 now the hole is 3"1\2 and the blower is 4" with a capacity of 240cfm each. With the 3"1/2 hole the blower is going to push 200cfm each in the bilge for a total of 400cfm. To have more cfm then this entering the bilge you would need a ram air with 2 3" hole that is facing the wind perfectly and driving not slower then 60mph so the way that the holes are turn is almost 90 degree from the wind flow and that would able just the half of the cfm that the wind produce to enter the bilge and i't not more then 300cfm total for both hole and these number are generous. That why i decide to try the bilge blower and because the bilge blower continue to evacuate hot air from the bilge at idle speed with the same cfm as if i,m riding wot. The blowers is gona draw 9 amps total so i'm safe since the generator can stand up to 16amp and the blower is going to be boost activated so that i can set at wich boost pressure i want the blower to start. the switch is adjustable from 1 to 4psi and can handle up to 100psi so i want to set it to turn on at idle so around 1.2 to 1.4 psi.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4inblower.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	12.5 KB 
ID:	178099  

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Is that 16 Amp maximum electrical output partially consumed by the existing electrical devices in the system?

Are you going to have a delayed off function on the blower, so it doesn't cycle off and then on again every time you lift the throttle for a moment?

Are you going to use a relay for the blower?

+1
    Yes this is the max amps but the only thing left that consume some amps would be the gauges and the ecu. the supercharger deliver around 1.4psi of boost at idle so if i set the switch to come on at 1.2psi that mean that the blower will come on as soon as the engine start and will shut off as soon as it engine stop. so even if i change speed that doesn't matter the blower will always be on. The reason i went for this setup is that i don't need any manual switch and that nobody would notice the blower. as for the relay there is no need to have one, it is a real simple setup that can be reversed in about 10 min if you need to bring it to the dealer for warranty.

+1
    all your calculations are on moving speed what about the suction of the intake as in reality thats how your air is entering the hull and you are relying on the rear ducts to push all this air out cant see it working they way you want it

Quote Originally Posted by brisyl View Post
    Thanks GODOSIDIS
    This is what i'm installing now. I removed both 3" pipe and flange in the front and modified 2 blowers so they bolt right up to the body. by removing the flange i gain almost a 1" diameter cause the inside of the flange was just 2"1/2 now the hole is 3"1\2 and the blower is 4" with a capacity of 240cfm each. With the 3"1/2 hole the blower is going to push 200cfm each in the bilge for a total of 400cfm. To have more cfm then this entering the bilge you would need a ram air with 2 3" hole that is facing the wind perfectly and driving not slower then 60mph so the way that the holes are turn is almost 90 degree from the wind flow and that would able just the half of the cfm that the wind produce to enter the bilge and i't not more then 300cfm total for both hole and these number are generous. That why i decide to try the bilge blower and because the bilge blower continue to evacuate hot air from the bilge at idle speed with the same cfm as if i,m riding wot. The blowers is gona draw 9 amps total so i'm safe since the generator can stand up to 16amp and the blower is going to be boost activated so that i can set at wich boost pressure i want the blower to start. the switch is adjustable from 1 to 4psi and can handle up to 100psi so i want to set it to turn on at idle so around 1.2 to 1.4 psi.

+1
    If it's the intake that suck the air from those holes, that is not a ram air, this is a normal setup and it's suppose to suck less then what a ram air can deliver. Around 75% of the air that's gona be push in by the blowers is going to be suck by the intake the rest is going to escape at the rear. i don't see why it wouldn't work

+1
    what i was trying to say is that you will only get more air in if you can get the same amount exiting equally or are you trying to pressurize the hull?

+1
    if i pressurize the hull, that is a good thing but don't forget, if you substact the amount of air the intake is sucking from the air the the blowers are pushing, IMO the only time that the hull is going to be pressurize is in low rpm. But if i can pressurize the hull trough out the full rpm range, that would be even better

Thread Information