900STX Which Primer Kit?

I've decided to put a Primer kit in my 2000 Kawa 900 STX. It's all stock.

Shopping on EBAY there are several kits that sound the same but with different numbers....P006-505....P006-504....I think that one kit is for Kiehin and the other Mikuni...just not sure which to buy.

Question

ttt....still need an answer to this one...after searching this site and other sites...still am in the dark...which carbs do I likely have?

+1
    I'm pretty sure your 'Ski has Keihins, HOWEVER, the big concern is whether or not you have CV carbs. Most primer kits are designed for you to remove the chokes and press the plugs and injectors into the holes left behind. Removal of the chokes on the CV carbs will affect fuel metering and cause the engine to run lean.

On CV equipped engines, you need to leave the chokes in place and install the primer injectors elsewhere. I've installed them on the intake manifold of my Ultra 150, and on the balance tube of an 1100 ZXi. I bought small threaded brass fittings and drilled/tapped holes to fit. Another MAJOR concern is to use BRASS TEE fittings for the primer system. Plastic fittings have been known to break.

Sorry, I don't know which carbs your engine has.

Good advice! I'm installing the primer kit under the seat (like seen in another post on here).
    I'm going to leave the choke in place and hook it up on the intake....
    I'm just looking forward to a much faster start time...I get tired of everyone at the dock looking at me impatiently as I make stab after stab after stab on the starter...

When i get to the ramp...while i'm unstrapping my skis, i'll pull the seats, turn on the battery switches (keyed battery disconnects). Prime the engines, start em' up & run em' 10-15 seconds (to make sure they WILL start after backed down into the water), then let my wife & daughter get on the skis (they already have their jackets on too)...back em' down...by the time i get out & unhook the trailer winches, they have the jetskis already running & ready to back off the trailer. I'm not on the ramp more than 2-3 minutes total. By contrast, i've seen people piddle-fart around on the ramp up to 10+ minutes getting their chit together, stowed, running & off the trailer.

Thanks so much for all of the info...I order my parts from Towerhobbies today.

In regards to people hogging the boat ramp..
    LOL.......yep.I've seen them too...hurry up, get the boat in the water...go park the truck....ice down the cooler....run back to the truck for the chips...etc.etc....

I put in by myself, but I have it down to 5 minutes....but that counts my bumping my starter to propel the ski to the dock where I can tie off and go park the truck.

Thread Information