Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Jet Pump Oil

Jet Pump Oil

I've read a few posts on here and realized I haven't changed my jet pump oil in a LONG while! I know that's probably a bad thing so I've decided to do it Sunday or Monday. I have a question about the oil though.

I think you only get like 6oz from SeaDoo for like $12. How much does the pump require? And it's 75w-90 synthetic, so any synthetic gear oil should do?

I was looking at Amsoil stuff and it seems pretty good at $16/quart, but it's 75w-140. Is this going to affect performance of the pump any? And how soon can I get some Amsoil? haha

I'm trying to get the skis up and running in preparation for the season. I bought a battery tender (lol) and the skis started right up the other day no problem. I guess a little maintenance prevents a lot of headaches.

+1
    What ski do you own?

Rxp rxt gtx and x models (all 4tec) have no oil but grease in the pump.

02/03 gtx 185hp

+1
    I have two 06 RXPs and i use Valvoline 75-140 full synthetic gear oil in them with no issues..I only add about 2-2.5 ounces to each pump...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Dallus View Post
    02/03 gtx 185hp
    You need grease no oil.

http://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche....=13&A=104&B=24

Take the cone (with no. 25 in drawing ) off your pump and put the grease in.

Very easy.

Take marine grease,put a royal amount in the pump,seadoo says 110 grams,but just fill it up with grease .

+1
    Rich is correct.The OEM setup is grease,But if you are running oil then yes most gear oils will work..Some even use transmission fluid because its thinner than ger oil..

Can I get this grease at like a West Marine or the like? I just don't want to go to the stealership and get reamed cuz they have tremendous overhead costs.

So I just knock the cone off, clean out the grease and then pack the cone back in with grease? Or the part #8? It looks like a shaft of some sort.

+1
    Pull the cone off and clean that out, then wipe out as much of the grease from the bearing as you can, re-apply it to the bearing and fill the cone. It will prob be quite hard pushing the cone back on as you are pressurizing the internal space of the pump. R88

Ok cool thanks for all the help. I guess I will just buy whatever is in the cone now. The service manual says oil is in there but if there's grease in there, no biggie. How much do I need for 2 skis to be replaced?

as a continuation of this topic, are there any grease recommendations or requirements?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information