View Poll Results: Yamaha FX SHO Cruiser VS Sea Doo GTX Limited ?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yamaha FX SHO Cruiser

8 42.11%
  • Sea Doo GTX Limited

11 57.89%

Question Yamaha FX SHO Cruiser VS Sea Doo GTX Limited ?

Hey Guys, would appreciate your feedback

I would like to buy a ski this year, I've been waiting for this for ages. I've boiled it down to these two since they are fast and comfortable. I am 30 yrs old and the Ski will be used in the Mediterranean.

I have figured the following

Yamaha FX SHO Cruiser

+ Reliable
    + Handles well in the rough.
    + More efficient on fuel and optimised for regular unleaded.

Sea Doo GTX Limited

+ Braking Sysem
    + Suspension good for rough sea
    + Neutral Gear

- Not as reliable as the Yammi
    - More electronics that could go wrong.

What do you think??!! Cheers

Both are good skis but do you want to tow a tube, go fishing, jump, race, do day trips/tours, lake use, ocean use or most of the above. Most major brands have good products but tailor slightly for different styles of riding. Think what you would do mostly on a ski and then wich ski mostly fits that style of riding. Good luck with your purchase and post some pics when you get your ski

Quote Originally Posted by Max Downs View Post
    Both are good skis but do you want to tow a tube, go fishing, jump, race, do day trips/tours, lake use, ocean use or most of the above. Most major brands have good products but tailor slightly for different styles of riding. Think what you would do mostly on a ski and then wich ski mostly fits that style of riding. Good luck with your purchase and post some pics when you get your ski
    Max, thank you for your reply, it will be mostly used for touring, and for a couple of hours of adrenalin after a hard days work!! Ocean use only. Towing is not a priority. I know they are both fast so its not really about speed either.

+1
    i vote yami!!! but last 4 skis have been yami and about to buy another yami !!!!

P.S i trade my cars and toys in every so many months . . i get bored easily !!!!

I vote the Seadoo, i just both the 2009 IS model and had my first ride on it on friday and it was incredible on the ocean, the suspension realy took away the worst bumping. I live in a fjord of Norway and here we have waves from all over this time of year like on friday, but still i was able to be dry most of the time, exept when i try the brakes.....Im going to use it on touring long distance this summer and after i tested it on friday i am not worried of bad waves and high seas. And the Seadoo looks much better. My dealer have this GTX model but he said that coz the IS mod and GTX is the same, he whould rater have the IS model coz the bright yellow.

--------------------------------
    Bjørn
    Brand new RXT IS

Quote Originally Posted by bjornh View Post
    I vote the Seadoo, i just both the 2009 IS model and had my first ride on it on friday and it was incredible on the ocean, the suspension realy took away the worst bumping. I live in a fjord of Norway and here we have waves from all over this time of year like on friday, but still i was able to be dry most of the time, exept when i try the brakes.....Im going to use it on touring long distance this summer and after i tested it on friday i am not worried of bad waves and high seas. And the Seadoo looks much better. My dealer have this GTX model but he said that coz the IS mod and GTX is the same, he whould rater have the IS model coz the bright yellow.

--------------------------------
    Bjørn
    Brand new RXT IS
    Bjørn, Thank you for your input, I am more inclined towards to the Sea Doo right now, just hope that it is reliable.!! Previously Seadoos have been known to give more trouble than Yammis but I am hoping that has changed in recent years with 4stroke engines! The Yammi is an amazing ski but I am finding hard to resist the features on the Seadoo!

+1
    Used in the Med? I would lean towards the Sea-Doo for the closed loop cooling alone. No salt water going through the engine is a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by gators8 View Post
    Used in the Med? I would lean towards the Sea-Doo for the closed loop cooling alone. No salt water going through the engine is a good thing.

Good point.

i have a 2007 gtx limited with no problem at all with it -- one of the main points on why i bought the sea-doo was because of the closed loop cooling and that i ride on salt water 99% of the time -- i almost forgot i have about 127 hours on my ski with a number of mods with no trouble at all

Quote Originally Posted by homebrew View Post
    i have a 2007 gtx limited with no problem at all with it -- one of the main points on why i bought the sea-doo was because of the closed loop cooling and that i ride on salt water 99% of the time -- i almost forgot i have about 127 hours on my ski with a number of mods with no trouble at all
    Thats a big plus i agree, Do you still flush it afterwards? Or do you just hose it down?

Anyone heard about whether the suspension has given any problems?

Thread Information