Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

+1

Sharps cranks ???

In the SBT cranks Jay said there cranks are much better well why ???

Do you use OEM
    bearings on Fuji's do they have the pins
    rods
    pins
    big end bearings
    spacers on the sides of the rods

If you don't use OEM please list who's parts if you can
    Hot Rods
    WSM Etc

Also whats the warranty on your cranks
    Prices for Domestic 2 and 3 cylinders
    Fuji

How many yrs of experiance do the builders have

Thanks

+1
    You're obviously asking for the benefit of others correct?

You must be, because if I remember correctly, you wouldn't let the Sharps "work on your outhouse", so I don't think you're considering them doing any work for you.

So, kudos for caring about others. That's what we do here on the Hulk..... spread the love.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyA View Post

You must be, because if I remember correctly, you wouldn't let the Sharps "work on your outhouse", so I don't think you're considering them doing any work for you.

So, kudos for caring about others. That's what we do here on the Hulk..... spread the love.

Only following up on what Jay wrote
    My Brother

+1

Are we alittle offended ???
    You sure do jump to conclusions awful Quick don't you ???
    And thats right i still would'nt let them work om my stuff
    Don't ever talk bad about Sharps but you can slam SBT or Art will have you disiplined for it
    I see how fair this is now

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 785 lugs View Post
    Are we alittle offended ??? No
    You sure do jump to conclusions awful Quick don't you ??? No
    And thats right i still would'nt let them work om my stuff See, no conclusions, they're your own words
    Don't ever talk bad about Sharps but you can slam SBT or Art will have you disiplined for it What do you mean? Are you "talking bad" about the Sharps now or have I had you disiplined for it before? You're confusing me? I can't disipline anyone on my own
    I see how fair this is now

+1
    I didn't know you where a Sharps employee
    Like Jay said this is the best forum out there because we can discuss it without being removed and have opinions that differ but you can't let the past go

These ???s where for Jay and the Sharps not you so unless you work there stay out of there business

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 785 lugs View Post
    I didn't know you where a Sharps employee
    Like Jay said this is the best forum out there because we can discuss it without being removed and have opinions that differ but you can't let the past go

These ???s where for Jay and the Sharps not you so unless you work there stay out of there business
    I see....

What I don't get is why certain things are OK for Lugs, but not anybody else.... unless of course Lugs says it is.

Aren't you the biggest cheerleader out there for a few vendors for whom YOU don't work? Yes, yes you are. That's good for you.

+1
    I see....

What I don't get is why certain things are OK for Lugs, but not anybody else.... unless of course Lugs says it is.

Aren't you the biggest cheerleader out there for a few vendors for whom YOU don't work? Yes, yes you are. That's good for you.

Hey why not right

I think i started the thread with addressing Jay not you .So use your mod powers to clean this up and let Jay do the answering not the Sharps personal cheerleader named CrazyA do you want me to send you my daughters cheerleading outfit

+1
    To all who read this this was not intended to slam Jay and the Sharps at all but like always Art blows it out of proportion So please anyone else unless your going to praise the sharps don't ask anything about there business or Art will get you

+1

Crank Information

Ronnie has been building motors and cranks for 40+ years now and has plenty of experience Ronnie is the only one who assembles cranks at the shop!

I have 16 years under my belt with two stroke cranks and 18 years building engines anything from chainsaws to Big Block Blower engines..I love anything that makes lots of noise and power.....

When you send a crank to us you get your crank back. It gets personal attention and inspected for cause of failure if there is one.We can repair one rod if needed or a main bearing(s)At any time you can pick up the phone and speak to either myself or Ronnie...There is nobody else that you will get. Only the parties directly involved. We can also build your crank with options and your budget. We also can offer a discount if you are having other work done as well. Each crank is installed in a case to insure proper fit.

Well we use all O.E.M. bearings on the mains on both Fuji and Domestic cranks.To original bearings on the Fuji's is NTN(Japanese company) and the domestics is Koyo(Japanese company) and sometimes I have seen where Polaris will use NTN on the domestics but mainly they are Koyo. Both Koyo and NTN are very high quality bearings and have very strict bearing tolerances.

We stock lots of KOYO and NTN bearings.This is what we mainly use but if someone ants to go the cheaper route we would use a WSM bearing at their request(price point)

Now there are also different clearances on bearings as well. We again use the same as O.E.M. Polaris spends time figuring out what bearings and type will last and hold up to the test of time. Don't think that for one minute that they would not have loved to save lots of money on installing bearings that cost them much less in all of there engines. Think about how many PWC's,ATV's and Snowmobiles they have built over the years and think of the savings but.........they have to take into consideration that most people are going to spend a little extra on a extended warranty and that if they get to keep most of that money that is more profit for them. So now you are talking about a crank that can hold up to 5 years of customer abuse and sometimes neglect(not winterizing units,not fogging crank for prolonged periods of storage,incorrect oil etc)....That is not even the tip of the iceberg......think about it.

Lets talk about people that have had problems and maybe burned down a piston or two or maybe three...you all have seen it right here on the board.How about people that have had water in there engine or maybe forgot to add oil and ran out?How about people that have overheated there engine so bad that it turned color?Then throw in that most of these cranks are 10+ years old and still running stock parts....and have had multiple failures over the years? How about most of the people on here bought there PWC used and don't know what it has been though its entire life? People don't always tell the truth and the person that you bought it from might now have been the 1st or 2nd or 3rd owner...think about all of this.........

So I think you get the picture....and we are not even talking about high performance applications.....IF POLARIS INSTALLED CHEAPER OFF SHORE BEARINGS THEY WOULD HAVE SAVED HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS IF NOT MILLIONS OF DOLLARS USING CHEAPER BEARINGS!!!!!!!!!! But in the long run it would have cost them way more money.......

This statement goes to all brands....they spend the time and they also will save where they can but only to a certain point.

Rod bearings that get replaced(if your rods are re-useable) are mainly KOYO in some cases they are Polaris.

Rods that get replaced are the customers choice. We ask what the application (Rec,Rec/Race,Race/Drag)and make a recommendation what we feel is the correct fit. The rods that we offer are Polaris O.E.M,WSM,Hot Rods,Wiseco,RAD,Vesrah,SMR to name the main players...stroker cranks might need a custom rod.This way it fits someones budget if money is tight and they have choices. We stock most rods and some only take a day or so to get.

Thrust Washers are mainly Polaris O.E.M. or what comes with the rod the customer chooses.

Crank pins and mainly Polaris O.E.M. or what comes with the rod kit.If the pin is in excellent shape and presses apart with enough tons they can be reused.

Ok I did list prices on my page here but I list them on this reply.

Labor for crank work:

Single 60.00
    Twin 120.00
    Triple 180.00

Crank pin welding is 20.00 per rod pin.Pins are welded if needed for no charge.We know how much it should take to press them together.

Crank come out of phase(twist) on the mains. This is mainly due to a hydro-lock which most of you know.The mains cannot be welded.Labyrinth seals get locking agent on them.

Pro 785 crank complete rebuild with new mains and rods is 725.00. This is with O.E.M. bearings and a O.E.M. style(Japanese made) rod. It is a rod that we only install and do not sell outright. I will post pictures of the Polaris and the SMR Rod.

These are labor prices only and DO NOT INCLUDE PARTS.

Main bearings in KOYO C4 for a Domestic are 200.00

Main bearings for a Fuji in O.E.M NTN C4 (pinned and PTO pinned and snap ring) are 290.00 that is 60.00 cheaper than Polaris retail for the same bearing!

All cranks are under .001" or run out.

I will list the some of the popular rod prices tomorrow.

As far as warranty we do not make/assemble bearings nor rods so we honor what the manufacturer states.We work close with our bearing supplies and if a quality of a part should be in question we will work on the customers side. We warranty our workmanship for a period of a year on all cranks that are rebuilt with O.E.M.parts or SMR rods.Warranty is to the original purchaser.Good quality bearings go bad for the main reason of abuse, neglect or misuse(no oil,wrong oil,overheat,water damage,hydrolock etc..). If your Polaris crank lasted 10+ years why would ours not?

Did I miss something?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information