Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Unhappy Fx ho bucking???

Just came back from the lake today with a damaged ski. My frend owns a 08 fx ho. On a straight run at about 55-60mph he was trown of the ski , he landed pretty hard and the ski hit the concrete side of the canal damaging the hull. Does anybody knows anything about this? I know the fzrs have this problem but I did not find anything about the fx ho. What can be the problem? Any thoughts are welcome.

Thank you Emil

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by emilbolboaca View Post
    Just came back from the lake today with a damaged ski. My frend owns a 08 fx ho. On a straight run at about 55-60mph he was trown of the ski , he landed pretty hard and the ski hit the concrete side of the canal damaging the hull. Does anybody knows anything about this? I know the fzrs have this problem but I did not find anything about the fx ho. What can be the problem? Any thoughts are welcome.

Thank you Emil

From what I've been told you need a bigger intake gate. I just ordered one today. OUCH to your friend and ski , sorry to hear about that. Hope everything is ok.

+1
    I'm not 100% sure but I don't think it would buck at that low a speed. Did he let off the throttle when it happened?

Quote Originally Posted by BPnta View Post
    Did he let off the throttle when it happened?
    ROFL

+1
    you gotta fit a intake grate if stock one is still there,sounds like overstuff rather than buck, this is caused by the throttle being chopped at high speed causing the water in tract and pump tunnel to "over stuff" this picks the ski up, and swings the thing through 90 degrees and lets it on it way and normaly into a horrific crash..
    seen this myself twice on gpr's with a stock grate..

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by NaptownKawi View Post
    ROFL
    LOL

+1
    That's pretty strange, i have never heard of or seen an HO do that before, especially at those speeds. Check the intake grate, it might have broken, something might have lodged in the pump or the prop blade could be broken also.
    Hope this helps.

Sure he didn't hit anything? I've gone from 65 to letting go of the throttle on my FX SHO (same hull and pump) and just slowed down. The only time I was thrown was flying off a wave at 62 and landing on his big brother. The FX may not be the best handling hull, but it is about the most stable and very well tested.

+1
    my 04 fxho did that to me , but i still had the stock intake grate and mods to make the ski a bit faster
    and as others have said it only happened because i dumped the throttle at full speed
    i was able to hang on by grabing the throttle again
    it has also happened when going full speed and not letting off the throtle
    it started to turn left and i just steered the other way not leting go of the throttle at all
    then it just pulled sharp left and threw me , traced that to a broken RIVA intake grate
    the wing had broken on one side

kev

First of all I want to say thank you to everybody for all the response I got. First we checked the water and there was nothing that he could hit. He was riding at almost full speed when he was trown off and he did not let the throttle off so I don't think it was overstuffing. On the shore I checked the grate and it looks intact. Forgot to mention this is a stock ski. If we have to change the grate which one we have to put on? This could have been very bad because he was riding on a narrow canal with concrete walls( Lake Ida E-W canal). Thank God he is ok, he landed in the water, quite hard dough.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information