Question 2004 GTX Lots of stuff.. loss of speed

Added a few parts to my 2004 GTX (185).
    In doing this I've lost a few MPH I pretty sure Im into the rev limiter, 7550 but only seeing 58 mph.
    What is the rev limit, what impeller should I be able to swing whit this setup.
    I was only looking for a few mph gain.

Riva RXT/GTX Intake Grate
    RIVA Gen II Supercharger Impeller
    Fizzle XS Intercooler Kit
    &D RXT/GTX Pump Wedge
    Free Flow Kit, SD, `04~06 RXP 215hp
    RIVA 07 and older Rising Rate Fuel Pressure Regulator

Banned User
    +1
    Welcome to the boards Birdman!

First thing you need to know is what RPM's you were doing before you did the mods...2nd, NEVER TRUST that speedo. it is inacurate and is never right....

I see you did not list any prop work in your mod list, can only assume you are still running the stock prop. If so you are going the same speed as before, just now you have more power and are all over the rev limiter....which is 7650, but you should be shooting for 7600....

Start by looking at a few things....first is your throttle position when you are at 7600rpm. If its anything less than WOT, then you need to switch props...You should be running a Solas 13/20r from Riva, thats what we installed on my father's 04 GTX a few years ago. Make sure its for the 185hp, since the drive shaft is smaller...

!
    Last edited by cckeong; 03-17-2010 at 03:17 AM. Reason: Start a new tread cause no answer.

Yes.. Stock prop

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Welcome to the boards Birdman!

First thing you need to know is what RPM's you were doing before you did the mods...2nd, NEVER TRUST that speedo. it is inacurate and is never right....

I see you did not list any prop work in your mod list, can only assume you are still running the stock prop. If so you are going the same speed as before, just now you have more power and are all over the rev limiter....which is 7650, but you should be shooting for 7600....

Start by looking at a few things....first is your throttle position when you are at 7600rpm. If its anything less than WOT, then you need to switch props...You should be running a Solas 13/20r from Riva, thats what we installed on my father's 04 GTX a few years ago. Make sure its for the 185hp, since the drive shaft is smaller...
    Thanks Danny.. Yes it's the stock prop. I never really saw the RPM's at or above 7550. I know the onboard speed-o is a shot in the dark... but my GPS Max Speed only read 58 which was kinda troubling to me although I never looked at it while riding. A bit more info.. water temp was 58ish air temp 68, @sealevel, rider 235lbs.

Thread Information