Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

cold water riding what do you wear

Okay I can't take it anymore. I got to go ride. I live in Delaware. I think the water temp is around 40ish.... What do you wear to ride? Does a wetsuit work? I don't get that wet riding? or is a dry suit better? If you do use a wetsuit what type? thickness? full suit? two piece? HELP I gotta ride soon..

THanks Pete

Banned User
    +1
    gotta prepare for the what if, no one plans on swimming in 40 degree water hahaha. i wear a dry suit, but by no means is it warm at all. you can wear sweats, sweatshirt etc under and it stays pretty warm inside. i also like gloves and a helmet! i couldn't tell ya much about wetsuit thickness but im sure someone will chime in.

How much for the setup your running on your T-X parts and labor?

i sent you pm

ill be out on the nanticoke in seaford saturday hopefully on my px

Cold weather

I took my new RXT IS 255 out last weekend and it was cold air around 0 celsius and water 5 celsius, but still it was nice, wear sweatshirt under and regular clothes, but i got a REGATTA sailor suite with flothing things in the back so if i fall in the sea i dont sink, this was a very good suite, its wind resistance and water resistance,i dont think i needed the swetshirt and trouses under, im going out on saturday again but then im going to try only regular clotes and this suite, coz i think the vind in high speed is the biggest problem,and with this suite i dont feel the wind. The pic shows how close the snow is at this time, its been a long winther this year but finaly it look like the spring is closing and clothes while riding is hopefully not an issue soon.

-----------
    Bjørn
    RXT IS 255
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mars Hovland.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	261.1 KB 
ID:	178782  

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by bjornh View Post
    I took my new RXT IS 255 out last weekend and it was cold air around 0 celsius and water 5 celsius, but still it was nice, wear sweatshirt under and regular clothes, but i got a REGATTA sailor suite with flothing things in the back so if i fall in the sea i dont sink, this was a very good suite, its wind resistance and water resistance,i dont think i needed the swetshirt and trouses under, im going out on saturday again but then im going to try only regular clotes and this suite, coz i think the vind in high speed is the biggest problem,and with this suite i dont feel the wind. The pic shows how close the snow is at this time, its been a long winther this year but finaly it look like the spring is closing and clothes while riding is hopefully not an issue soon.

-----------
    Bjørn
    RXT IS 255
    you really need something that will pertect you if you ski was to sink and your stuck in the water.

Thanks for everyones input.. I probably will buy a wetsuit but not before Saturday.. We are going riding no matter what.. I will keep my buddies close bye in case we go for a swim... I just didn't think a wetsuit would keep you warm if your out of the water all the time .. Thanks again!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Xboat View Post
    Thanks for everyones input.. I probably will buy a wetsuit but not before Saturday.. We are going riding no matter what.. I will keep my buddies close bye in case we go for a swim... I just didn't think a wetsuit would keep you warm if your out of the water all the time .. Thanks again!
    heres what you need...

http://www.mustangsurvival.com/produ...egory.php?mc=6

Okay we finally rode today... No wetsuits for us... WOW.. what a great time Nothing to cure your winter blues like riding your ski.. The big Xboat was pumping out the power in the crisp cool air.. MY buddy King George had just got his GTX back from WMF.. WOW bill did an awesome job.. That thing flies! like a new ski!.. We rode the nanticoke river until we just about ran out of gas... Great Day!

We wore rain pants and boots and long sleeved shirts.. We actually got hot! ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information