State of Confusion BartenderSmalley's Avatar

GTX/SC - Oil leak - possible locations???

Well, this sucks. I went out on the ski Sunday, all went very well. Came home, washed everything - then stored it as I usually do with the front elevated to keep water from pooling in the footwells and such.

Went out this morning and found a nice oil spill under the ski on the left side - nothing on the right. Took some pictures.....

Any thoughts on where I might check first before pulling EVERYTHING out of/off of the ski??? I do know that I had to replace the PTO gasket when I had to pull the motor and replace the starter bendix gear holding clip. Wondering if that didn't get put back on straight.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02249.JPG 
Views:	41 
Size:	2.32 MB 
ID:	178358   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02251.JPG 
Views:	41 
Size:	2.36 MB 
ID:	178359   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02254.JPG 
Views:	35 
Size:	2.17 MB 
ID:	178360   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02255.JPG 
Views:	32 
Size:	1.56 MB 
ID:	178361   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02256.JPG 
Views:	37 
Size:	1.67 MB 
ID:	178362  

I had a leak like that once from the pto bearing boot that had a pin hole in it. I stored the ski tilted up like in your picture and ended up with a nice puddle in the garage.

I habve the same problem with my ski. I am leaking though from the other side fresh oil. can you please help me .? I am newbie.
    I have bought it some months ago used with 185 hours on the clock. The ski was in good condition in general and it seemed like a bargain to me. After I had thoroughly washed it (the hull had some old oil, water etc) i have stored for the winter. it was always on the trailer lifted up and no leaks at all. besides a month now where i was making some repairs to the trailer and i had it in normal position.last night I had finished with my repairs and when i lifted the trailer again it came out from the right drain some fresh oil with some water. has anyone seen that before ? could it be that I am leaking oil from somewhere ? should I worry ? Please advise.

+1
    check the pto bearing and make sure it is fully snapped together, Check the pto bellow for tears and make sure the orings are good. Also check the oil pressure sender under the intake manifold.

any posiibility of posting a picture of the pto and oil pressure sender? I am totally newbie.

I managed to drain all the oil/water remains out. now it is clean so I will see if more oil turns out in the hull

(p.s I talked with a technician here in Greece, and told me that I should never tilt the trailer and leave the ski there. is that true ???)

anyone please... I am desperate...

ok i found where the pto is but i cannot find the oil pressure sender. where is this exactly and how does it look like ?how easy to replace this as well ?

also how easy is it to check the pto bearing and make sure it is fully snapped together ?

also how do i check Check the pto bellow for tears and make sure the orings are good?

I think I have found what you are talking about. can someone check the following link and let me know where I could be possibly leaking oil and how easy it is to replace the parts needed to be replaced ? thank you in advance

http://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche....=13&A=119&B=11

+1
    you should use our parts finder.. by the way, i replied to your PM about your oil leak.

http://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche....=13&A=119&B=11

no -one had the same problem with this ski ?

the problem is that i don;t know exactly where it is leaking from, and also how to replace it. if possible by myself
    Last edited by Jean-Paul; 03-23-2010 at 12:37 PM.

Thread Information