Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Help diagnosing problem

Sorry for the vague title of the thread but im having a problem with my ski and was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction to iron it out. Due to some personal stuff (getting married etc) I haven't been on my ski since July of last year . I was away for a while but before winter I tried starting it and it didn't crank. Threw codes P0616 and P0231. I didn't have time to look into it until today. I was going through it and realized the 10a fuse in the fuse block was blown so I replaced it. Put the key on and didn't throw a code. Tried starting it, it gave me half a crank and blew the fuse again (tiny puff of smoke even came from near ecu). It threw same 2 codes as earlier and also flashed 0344 and 0353 (but only one time).
    I'm not sure where to look to diagnose this but any suggestions are greatly welcome. I also may have reason to believe that an ex of mine tampered with the ski but didn't see anything visible after giving it a once over.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by gprjersey07 View Post
    Sorry for the vague title of the thread but im having a problem with my ski and was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction to iron it out. Due to some personal stuff (getting married etc) I haven't been on my ski since July of last year . I was away for a while but before winter I tried starting it and it didn't crank. Threw codes P0616 and P0231. I didn't have time to look into it until today. I was going through it and realized the 10a fuse in the fuse block was blown so I replaced it. Put the key on and didn't throw a code. Tried starting it, it gave me half a crank and blew the fuse again (tiny puff of smoke even came from near ecu). It threw same 2 codes as earlier and also flashed 0344 and 0353 (but only one time).
    I'm not sure where to look to diagnose this but any suggestions are greatly welcome. I also may have reason to believe that an ex of mine tampered with the ski but didn't see anything visible after giving it a once over.
    Check the 3 grounds on the front of the engine.

+1
    Codes.
    Attached Files Attached Files

+1
    I checked the 3 grounds and they were all good. i already looked at the codes, they all point me to the ECU area which is how I found out the 10amp fuse was cooked to begin with. I dont know why after replacing it twice it keeps frying. I think the two codes that flashed only once were because it only cranked half a time before the fuse blew again.

+1
    I'm afraid I might have to go through every single wire in the harness to see if something is wrong or was tampered with. Is there any kind of wire diagram for the 4 tec?
    I was hoping to get lucky and someone would say "oh yeah thats easy just clap 3 times unplug this connector and bingo!" but lucky isn't my middle name

+1
    Make sure you have the ECU plugs in the correct spots. A=A B=B.

+1
    I'm pretty sure they are but then again i wouldnt know if anyone criss-crossed. Aren't all plugs different shapes and wouldn't fit in the wrong spot?. Im gonna have to either go snap some pics of TJs setup or possibly find a color coded wiring diagram to trace everything back to the ecu

Kiwi spanner handler
    +1
    the fuel pump might be seized/shorted as this blows the fuse which also kills power to the starter solenoid. if the pump tests fine the solenoid could be at fault

+1
    Bring it bye homie... We'll figure it out...

Kiwi spanner handler
    +1
    how did you get on with this?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information