Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2006 GTI

Thumbs up 2006 GTI

Ok I've read some pros/cons about the '06 GTI/GTI SE's like great handling cheap hoods and not enough power so I thought I would add my 2 cents worth:

I purchased 2 GTI's, 1 for me & 1 for the wife, in June. We rented a couple of Yami VX 110 Sports while vacationing in FL and being first time riders we had to have them. We liked the Yami's but also checked out the Kawi's and finally decided on the GTI's. They were cheaper, had more power than the Yami or the Kawi, Closed-Loop cooling was also impressive and had reverse unlike the Yami. Overall a better value in my opinion although they are a little plain looking for me so I changed the appearance of mine by adding a black seat and painting the rub rails black. Also, the dealer added the mirrors and boarding ladder free of charge as an incentive to buy.

We have enjoyed 27 trouble free hours of fresh water riding, had in brackish water once. Overall I think these are great skis and compared to at least the Yami VX 110's they are faster and I'd say handling is about equal. To date I've only GPS'ed at 54 mph on somewhat choppy water with 5-7 mph winds and a full tank of gas. Consistently runs this speed though no matter what. Never had on glass but I'd expect it to top out around 56-57. As far as the hoods go I don't understand why they are breaking unless everybody else is slamming the crap out of them. However, I do see the water-tight hood tabs breaking soon as they are not the best design.

Def rec this ski to any first time buyer.
    Last edited by Flynfox; 09-11-2006 at 12:03 AM.

+1
    Glad you are enjoying your skis. They are definately the most reliable in the Sea Doo line up.

I have had my 06 GTI since april. 53 hours and no problems whatsoever.
    Most I have gps d is 54.9 in Tampa Bay, Gulf of Mexico.

I also added the mirrors. How did you change the seat color?

I took my seat to a local upholstery shop to have it recovered. But beware because it cost me $207 including tax, which I thought was a little high but I didn't really have time to check around and I knew they did good work. Looks much better though, way to much yellow for me before.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk
    Glad you are enjoying your skis. They are definately the most reliable in the Sea Doo line up.
    I would think the 155 na gtx would be the most reliable.
    The hood is solid and there are no tabs to break.
    That being said we have not had a GTI come back for warranty work yet.
    We did have to replace a GTI hood due to operator error.

Quote Originally Posted by Flynfox
    I took my seat to a local upholstery shop to have it recovered. But beware because it cost me $207 including tax, which I thought was a little high but I didn't really have time to check around and I knew they did good work. Looks much better though, way to much yellow for me before.
    Do you have a pic of it?

I'll see if I can get it posted for you tonight. It's just a pic of the ski so you won't see the detail but it will show you how the ski looks with a black seat.

Cool

Not the greatest pic, looks much better in person, as it was a sunny day and the yellow hood didn't photograph well but this gives you an idea of how the ski looks with a black seat. Also notice the black rub rails.

I was thinking of having the hood painted black and changing the graphics but believe it or not I'm already bored with this ski as it's too slow for me. Looking to purchase an '06 RXP or maybe an '07 RXP or '07 Kawi depending on the specs...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ranger & Seadoo.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	319.6 KB 
ID:	8098  
    Last edited by Flynfox; 09-13-2006 at 09:26 PM.

But what will you do when you get bored of the RXP?
    I went thru the dilehma too but then decided its not worth it just yet to lose that much money just to go a little faster. It was working out like 6 grand more just to go 10 mph more.

Good point GTI06 and I had those same thoughts when I purchased mine. However, I thought the aftermarket performance parts would be more abundant than they are and I never really have cared for the color scheme as you can tell. Another reason for purchasing the GTI, I wasn't sure about the reliability of the power adder ski but from what I've read SeaDoo has fixed the clutch issues they were having. Not sure where the $6k diff comes into play but it's only $3400 more, which is abt $30 more a month.

I can't see getting bored with the RXP, there's so many performance parts and seems like everybody on my lake has one so I would blend well and be able to keep up. The RXP simply has a lot more to offer, at least for me. Besides I own a 500+ hp Mustang so I need speed. I didn't even get the truck I wanted, SVT Lightning, but that was due mostly because I have enough expensive toys so I had to sacrifice somewhere or be single. It's a sickness really ~ .
    Last edited by Flynfox; 09-14-2006 at 06:57 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information