Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Which performance pack from the greenhulk store?

I have a new 2010 FZS arriving soon and I want to spice it up to say low 70's with good improvement on acceleration with no cavitation issues.

Whats the best performance kit to buy to fit to achieve this or which kit and what other parts would I need to buy to achieve low 70's easily?

I see the R&D performer kit on the Green hulk store,it sounds good.
    Then I seen the R&D stage 1 kit with a C-1 wheel but no grate etc.

Do you need to fit the performer pack before the stage 1 kit or is the stage 1 kit ok by itself?

What about the riva kits?

I seen the specs between the prop, one kit has 13/23 the other 13/24 whats the difference ? , please help a noob so I don't waste money.

I don't want to do the ecu yet so is a c1 wheel going to get me to 72/73.

Any other sujestions, my parts budjet is say 1 to 1.8K max. I have a good friend who is a ski mechanic who can help me out with fitment.

Feed back on these kits and the real performance gains will be great from you guys and anyone else with a kit fitted.

Cheers guys.

+1

upgrades....

you definetly want to get the basic bolt ons, open air filter, freeflow exhaust, ribbon removal, intake grate, ride plate, sponsons.
    as far as a whhel upgrade and getting 73 mph. i would NOT get the c1. i would reccomend the c3 . reason being comparing the c1 to the oem. you will not see that much of a improvement.
    with the c3 and a intercooler core upgrade or a new intercooler, you will be very happy.
    as far as impeller, i ordered a 13/24 skat. and after getting it checked it was actually a 13/23. with a c3 and a oem ecu. i was all over the rev limiter.
    you could get pretty close to 70 mph with a good ride plate, intake grate, a good impeller such as a actual 13/24 skat. ribbon removal, intercooler spacer and/or core. air intake kit.
    impellers can always be repitched.

Quote Originally Posted by gordon lasiter #328 View Post
    you definetly want to get the basic bolt ons, open air filter, freeflow exhaust, ribbon removal, intake grate, ride plate, sponsons.
    as far as a whhel upgrade and getting 73 mph. i would NOT get the c1. i would reccomend the c3 . reason being comparing the c1 to the oem. you will not see that much of a improvement.
    with the c3 and a intercooler core upgrade or a new intercooler, you will be very happy.
    as far as impeller, i ordered a 13/24 skat. and after getting it checked it was actually a 13/23. with a c3 and a oem ecu. i was all over the rev limiter.
    you could get pretty close to 70 mph with a good ride plate, intake grate, a good impeller such as a actual 13/24 skat. ribbon removal, intercooler spacer and/or core. air intake kit.
    Thanks mate for your reply,

I will start with what you recommended.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by gordon lasiter #328 View Post

I have to disagree on the c1. We have found the c1 to perform great for accelration and speeds of 74+ pretty easy. Remember even though it is low boost compared to the other wheels it is still almost double the stock wheel and requires less fuel. The r1 flash required no powershot on our boat to maintain safe afr's.

+1
    to get to 70 mph you don't need much realy

the ribon delete (manifold upgrade) and free flow fliter will give good gains

a vx ride plate (aprox 3 mph) and scoop grate for safety

the free flow exhaust doesn't add much speed if any, and the noise can be anoying at slow speed

i was at 66 mph stock ,salt water small chop
    and now i'm doing 72 mph salt water small chop with / ribon delete, free flow filter, vx ride plate, r&d scoop grate,free flow exhaust

kev

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RUSH. View Post
    I have to disagree on the c1. We have found the c1 to perform great for accelration and speeds of 74+ pretty easy. Remember even though it is low boost compared to the other wheels it is still almost double the stock wheel and requires less fuel. The r1 flash required no powershot on our boat to maintain safe afr's.
    i was going by what i have been told by others who went from oem to the c1. who where not satisfied and went with the c3 eventually.
    as for me i went fron oem to the c3, then before i could test it they came out with the reprogramming. so really i went from oem to the r2 reprogramming with a c3.
    i have a feeling that when the c6 wheel is released i will want to get it.

Quote Originally Posted by fx160 View Post
    to get to 70 mph you don't need much realy

the ribon delete (manifold upgrade) and free flow fliter will give good gains

a vx ride plate (aprox 3 mph) and scoop grate for safety

the free flow exhaust doesn't add much speed if any, and the noise can be anoying at slow speed

i was at 66 mph stock ,salt water small chop
    and now i'm doing 72 mph salt water small chop with / ribon delete, free flow filter, vx ride plate, r&d scoop grate,free flow exhaust

kev
    Cheers everyone for the imput,

Hey Kev, I see you based on the GC, I am in Brissy but ride down there all the time.

What ski you on FZR or FZS?

Is the 72 on the GPS?

I'd be happy for 72 as well for the moment

How do you find the VX plate in the chop compared to the stock?
    It improves speed but does it lack on the ride quality at all?

Are you still on the stock pitched prop, or something else to run at 72?

Hows the hole shot, any cavitation issues or bouncing off the limiter?

Just doing some homework before spending the $.

Cheers mate.

Matt.

+1
    Gold Coast rider here! PM me and I'll send you my number for a ride!! Always keen!!

Have alook at my GoPro Thread for videos on a FZ , It'll show you the mods Ive done and the how it goes. The problem I've got is the speedo is all over the shop...........LOL
    Last edited by RichieFZR; 03-18-2010 at 04:52 AM. Reason: edit

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by coldspace View Post
    Cheers everyone for the imput,

Hey Kev, I see you based on the GC, I am in Brissy but ride down there all the time.

What ski you on FZR or FZS?

Is the 72 on the GPS?

I'd be happy for 72 as well for the moment

How do you find the VX plate in the chop compared to the stock?
    It improves speed but does it lack on the ride quality at all?

Are you still on the stock pitched prop, or something else to run at 72?

Hows the hole shot, any cavitation issues or bouncing off the limiter?

Just doing some homework before spending the $.

Cheers mate.

Matt.
    i am also in brisbane but mainly ride down the coast , also the speeds quoted are with gps
    the speedo reads well over 80 mph with the vx plate
    my ski is a 2010 fzs other than the parts listed the ski is as it came , so yes it is still the stock prop
    the vx plate is just as good in the chop as the stock plate
    i ride with a couple of other 2010 fzs's and they still have the stock plate , and in the same conditions there appears to be no difference
    however the vx plate does not turn as sharp
    one of the other skis has the same mods minus the vx ride plate and free flow exhaust and he is at 70 mph (gps)
    nearly forgot, not to sure about limiter but on the stock tach it is reading 7,500
    still launches ok , on the last ride i did after 2 mins at full throtle it sudenly lost some power almost like it had shut down boost also droped the tach to 7,000 rpm
    after i switched it off and restarted it was fine
    at first i thought it may have been overheating but there was no warning lights

kev

+1
    Mines never cut out power!! Out of the hole is a limiter problem with the stock prop! Ordered a prop the other day , it should fix the problem!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information