Just got my Riva reducer nosel and need advise

Hello-

I'm in the final stages of completing the Riva stage 1 kit on my 2008 RXT-X and need a little advise. The kit did not come complete from where I purchased it and I just received the very last parts delivered which was the nosel, and OPAS completion kit. To much surprise (for me at least) the Riva nosel came without a hole drilled for the OEM OPAS hose and fitting to connect to.

After much research I know know why that is. My question is to anyone out there that has my setup can you please provide me with the pros and cons of NOT having the new nosel machined drilled and tapped so that I can keep the OPAS? If I leave the new nosel undrilled and the OPAS flaps on, will it cause noticeable performance degration?

I know that I can move forward with keeping it undrilled and take off the side flaps and cap the inner and outside holes but not sure how that would handle at idle speeds going toward a dock to tie up.

So I'm wondering if I should put the nosel on undrilled, leave the flaps on and install the OPAS completion kit and move along.

Or drill, and tap it, and attach the OPAS nosel (I figure it would be roughly $30 to do drill and tap.)

Or leave it undrilled and cap it off with the Riva inner and outer cap off kit.

Thoughts?

Thanks!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo-3.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	126.9 KB 
ID:	178620   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo-4.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	84.0 KB 
ID:	178621  

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by cwilliams21 View Post
    Hello-

I'm in the final stages of completing the Riva stage 1 kit on my 2008 RXT-X and need a little advise. The kit did not come complete from where I purchased it and I just received the very last parts delivered which was the nosel, and OPAS completion kit. To much surprise (for me at least) the Riva nosel came without a hole drilled for the OEM OPAS hose and fitting to connect to.

After much research I know know why that is. My question is to anyone out there that has my setup can you please provide me with the pros and cons of NOT having the new nosel machined drilled and tapped so that I can keep the OPAS? If I leave the new nosel undrilled and the OPAS flaps on, will it cause noticeable performance degration?

I know that I can move forward with keeping it undrilled and take off the side flaps and cap the inner and outside holes but not sure how that would handle at idle speeds going toward a dock to tie up.

So I'm wondering if I should put the nosel on undrilled, leave the flaps on and install the OPAS completion kit and move along.

Or drill, and tap it, and attach the OPAS nosel (I figure it would be roughly $30 to do drill and tap.)

Or leave it undrilled and cap it off with the Riva inner and outer cap off kit.

Thoughts?

Thanks!
    Put those white plastic things in. You don't need that water outlet anymore from the stock nozzle. Try reading the instructions for the OPAS fin block ups. Should make it clearer.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1300r View Post
    Put those white plastic things in. You don't need that water outlet anymore from the stock nozzle. Try reading the instructions for the OPAS fin block ups. Should make it clearer.
    I throughly read the instructions, just looking for real world advice

If I remove the hose completely, should I cap off the OPAS hole under the the ski, or just leave it left open?

+1
    use the white plastic pieces to block UP the OPAS and yes cap the hole above the pump that the hose was connected to

It has been awhile since I installed one of the Riva reduction nozzels but I think there are 2 more holes missing for the RXT that you will need to drill and tap they may have corrected that but nothing like spending 300+ dollars and having to drill and tap to make work let me know what you find as again it may be corrected

Quote Originally Posted by shhr View Post
    use the white plastic pieces to block UP the OPAS and yes cap the hole above the pump that the hose was connected to

It has been awhile since I installed one of the Riva reduction nozzels but I think there are 2 more holes missing for the RXT that you will need to drill and tap they may have corrected that but nothing like spending 300+ dollars and having to drill and tap to make work let me know what you find as again it may be corrected
    So I need to cap off the hole huh? Well why in the world would Riva not include a cap to fill the hole if they assume (by the kit that I purchased) the O.P.A.S. would not be used??

Oh, I see that they include the cap in the 'cap off kit' pfft. So now where in heaven will I locate a cap within the next 2 day's?? Not looking good for my first trial run with the class 1 kit for this weekend

+1
    Oh, I see that they include the cap in the 'cap off kit' pfft. So now where in heaven will I locate a cap within the next 2 day's?? Not looking good for my first trial run with the class 1 kit for this weekend
    use the stock hose that you are not using cut it then find a bolt to stick in one end then use 2 clamps to secure one goes on the tube going into the bottom of the ski the other clamp holds the bolt in place

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1
    So I need to cap off the hole huh? Well why in the world would Riva not include a cap to fill the hole if they assume (by the kit that I purchased) the O.P.A.S. would not be used??
    Welcome to the world of Riva products my friend

Quote Originally Posted by shhr View Post
    use the stock hose that you are not using cut it then find a bolt to stick in one end then use 2 clamps to secure one goes on the tube going into the bottom of the ski the other clamp holds the bolt in place
    I think I may do just that. This should get me by until I get the cap. Thanks for that!

Welcome to the world of Riva products my friend
    I hear that. But all-in-all they've been supportive when I had to call them for help with a few issues I had during the stage 1 install.

So I'm still tossing around the decision to remove the O.P.A.S. side flaps and purchase the cap off kit. But like I mentioned earlier, for now... I think I'm going to hang with the setup I have with the flaps on, the white comp posts on them to keep them up, and cap off the hose like was suggested.

+1

Re: Just got my Riva reducer nosel and need advise

I think Riva assume that most people modding remove opas.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Thread Information