Thread: 1100 stx

+1

1100 stx questions

hey guys,

does anyone know if the stx 1100(i think thats what it is) are prone too hull cracks.. like spider cracks or fractures? anything that goes wrong with alot of them too make it take on water.. i come from the polaris side and i know some of the hulls need reinforcement in some areas,

the reason for asking is that my neighbor asked me too find out because he was involved in a situation that the buyer of his ski brought him too court bc the ski took on water.. just for back ground my neighbor didnt try too screw the guy gave him a good price on it and let him test it all out..

I havent heard of hull cracking on them, kawi hulls tend to be thicker and heavier than most others. The usuall causes for water comming in is a bad thru hull bearing carrier or the plastic thru hull fittings in the transom breaking. I would think on a used ski the new owner wont get far in court unless your friend offered some kind of warranty. Most places its buyer beware when buying used.

The guy could have been a real idiot and left the drain plugs out or rolled it over and took awhile to get it upright.

+1
    i think it was a thru hull bearing, but he asked me too find out about cracks.. idk the hole court story but i do know my neighbor had too pay the guy an extra 500 bucks.. he didnt offer a warranty at all.. and offered too fix it for the guy before all this court stuff happened...its a bunch of crap.. but we figured the guy didnt like the ski and wanted a diffrent one... he set out too get a full payment back from my neighbor and bought a new one before anything was settled..

IT never fails you give someone a good price and then first problem a used ski has ,off to court they go.That literally stinks because first off you cant make the manufacturer take back a new one even if its a lemon.(lemon law doent apply to boats or pwc.I know because I fixed a kawa for a dealer where the pump was a1/2" off as the thru hull opening was off,impossible to shim correctly,it had a total of 11 or 12 shims under pump and 4 under front of engine, the pump shaft snapped it was bolted in under so much strain,THe dealer said kawa refused to take it back,I had to cut out the hull where thru hull seal wasline it up and re-glass it in place,lining up pump and engine with 2 shims under front of pump.This was a brand new ski.I dont understand how that guy got anything back,I am currently rebuilding an engine on a 800 yamaha that a customer of mine bought for a great deal!!Right it cracked cases,munched 2 pistons 30 minutes after he bought it.I knew kid must have known as all bolts on engine had grease on threads!!Its buyer beware!Sorry about your buddy unless he sold it knowing it was bad and didnt tell.BUt hey there is always people quick to sue,have a great day>Marvin

+1
    he didnt know, from what i know..

he was getting rid of it becasue he didnt use it.. and ended up buying atvs and a trailer.. the ski was mint i rode it and it was nice.. thought about buying it my self.. but im a polaris guy and found a deal on a 1050.. but any way.. it blows and hes pissed and said he will never touch a jetski again... lol then i told him i bought another one and need tools lol

+1
    I'd start with the basics... check the flush adapter on the exhaust elbow. You won't know it's leaking unless you pull the seat while riding the ski. And even a small leak can fill the hull in a short time.

Thread Information