Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Cooling circuit and Gasket question

So I got the motor all back together and took it to the ramp last night to test it. I have the ADA all plumbed up and Cyl 1 and 2 are plumbed into the exhaust elbow like a stock head would be. #3 Cyl dumps directly overboard in the rear through a pisser.

Fired the motor up and I have no water coming from ANY of the pissers. Immediatly shut it down and checked for any leaks coming from hoses/transom area. Nothing to be found. Took it home, took the strainer out of the pump and it was clear. Used compressed air to check the main water line and it is also clear.

The only thing I can think of is the gasket beteween the manifold and the Cyls is on wrong and blocking the water from entering the cyls. Is this even possible? Just tryign to figure this out before I spend the time taking the exhaust apart AGAIN to check the gasket.

OR is there something else I should check first? I will be installing another flush hose on it tonight so I can hook it to the house water hose.
    (I installed the factory snap hose on it but waiting on the adapter to come in) thats why I didnt run on hose the first time.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneboss302 View Post
    So I got the motor all back together and took it to the ramp last night to test it. I have the ADA all plumbed up and Cyl 1 and 2 are plumbed into the exhaust elbow like a stock head would be. #3 Cyl dumps directly overboard in the rear through a pisser.

Fired the motor up and I have no water coming from ANY of the pissers. Immediatly shut it down and checked for any leaks coming from hoses/transom area. Nothing to be found. Took it home, took the strainer out of the pump and it was clear. Used compressed air to check the main water line and it is also clear.

The only thing I can think of is the gasket beteween the manifold and the Cyls is on wrong and blocking the water from entering the cyls. Is this even possible? Just tryign to figure this out before I spend the time taking the exhaust apart AGAIN to check the gasket.

OR is there something else I should check first? I will be installing another flush hose on it tonight so I can hook it to the house water hose.
    (I installed the factory snap hose on it but waiting on the adapter to come in) thats why I didnt run on hose the first time.
    could be something with the exhaust manifold gasket, but its hard to get it wrong with the locator pins in there

the "tab" should be forward and to the bottom of the manifold (from memory)

did you get the water feed line on the correct transom fitting? should be the lower one on the port side... the top on the port side is for the bilge siphon

Quote Originally Posted by WFO View Post
    could be something with the exhaust manifold gasket, but its hard to get it wrong with the locator pins in there

the "tab" should be forward and to the bottom of the manifold (from memory)

did you get the water feed line on the correct transom fitting? should be the lower one on the port side... the top on the port side is for the bilge siphon
    Thanks for the info. That will be the first thing I check tonight when I get home. I thought the same thing. Was pissed at the thought of taking the manifold off AGAIN, then as I was looking at the schematic I noticed that the little "tab" on the gasket should be in the front and at the bottom. that will tell me if its on wrong.

I never took the hose off the transom area. I know that much is correct in my re-install. LOL

+1
    could be a dirt-dobber nest in your plastic water pipe

Could be the chunk of C-4 that Im about to load into the hull somewhere. LOL

BOOOOM!!!!!! glug, glug glug right to the bottom of the bay!!!!

Gasket?

Does your ADA Head have a gasket or o-rings, I guess I'm confussed?

+1
    At idle in the water, it does take about 20-30 seconds before you see water. The very low pump pressure will take its time getting water through the system. How long did you let it run?

Thread Information