Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    "Tearing it up on the water" seadoobutch787's Avatar

msd enhancer wiring

MSD enhancer PN 30-08-2630

I have hooked up all the wires that are to be hooked up in my boat and my boat would not beep twice. When i hooked the pickup wires (black&yellow) back together into the mpem it fired right up and runs. In the msd instruction it says to hook the green wire from the enhancer to the bk/yl wires which is the pickup ground, the only wires that are black with yellow is coming out of the MPEM. I left the wire unhooked from the mpem and the boat would not fire. Do i need to hook the green wire into the pickup ground wire (black&yellow) and also into the mpem?

Thanks
    Mike

flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by seadoobutch787 View Post
    MSD enhancer PN 30-08-2630

I have hooked up all the wires that are to be hooked up in my boat and my boat would not beep twice. When i hooked the pickup grd wires back together into the mpem it fired right up and runs. In the msd instruction it says to hook the green wire from the enhancer to the bk/yl wires coming off the mpem which is the pickup ground, i left the wire unhooked from the mpem and the boat would not fire. Do i need to hook the green wire into the pickup ground wire and also into the mpem? My spark is alot better than before.

Thanks
    Mike
    I took all grounds to the stock location in the gray box...mine did as you described till I did what I did

Will it hurt if i leave the green wire unhooked, you would think that the boat would not run good if there was a wire unhooked. I tested the ignition and the LED light will come on when you crank it and when you throttle it.

flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    +1
    Will it hurt if i leave the green wire unhooked, you would think that the boat would not run good if there was a wire unhooked. I tested the ignition and the LED light will come on when you crank it and when you throttle it.
    thats the ground for the MSD box. its ok to hook them all up together

I must be getting old lol, i looked at the wires again real close and i found the black and yellow stripe wire they talk about, it comes in through the box and ground to the ground loop. Everything is hooked up and it runs great thanks again.

Mike

RETIRED !! In Mobile AL or Wherever I Want To Go
    +1
    I knew you could find it ! Good luck. Do you remember the settings we talked about ?

Chuck i have it set +6 initial begin retard at 5000rpms rev limiter set at 7750rpms dial back 12.

+1
    Chuck i have it set +6 initial begin retard at 5000rpms rev limiter set at 7750rpms dial back 12.
    That is aggressive for a start. I only ran that advanced for pro class starts at Havasu and then crossed held my breath for 10 laps. You may be OK coming off at 5k. Retarding early is good and you should get a good top end. Do a mathematical graph to calculate your retard speed and see where you end up at 7500 rpm,,because I doubt u will ever see 7750.

I run straight 110 octane Chuck. My boat hit close to 7500 already so i put it in at 7750.

+1
    Cool Mike, then 7750 is where you want to be. That is where most guys run their limits. That ski should be flying. I would love to see you bring that to MB. Hey, I saw a fuel "bladder" for sale on the net. Wonder how that would work on our x4 boats ?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information