RXT-X Installing my Riva reducer nosel and freaking out a little

Hello-

I'm attempting to finish up installing my Riva stage 1 kit and have some questions. I know that I cannot fully use the OPAS after installing the class 1 kit. I was under the impression that I could keep the OPAS flaps on the side and was recommend by some here that I should because it would assist in handling at low speeds... I have the plastic completion kit to keep them in the up position so I'm fine with that, I suppose. Now if you look at the 3 pics I below, I have a OPAS bracket that I have my hand on. My question is what am I supposed to do with this not that I have the Riva nosel and no hole on the bottom to attach that bracket to?

Am I supposed to remove this bracket and the arms that connect to the outside flaps??

Also, I don't see where I can reattach the plastic trim housing over the Riva nosel because it won't fit like it did on the OEM version

Does anyone know what the deal is here, am I not looking at this right? Can someone that has this setup please attach some high resolution pics so I can get an idea how to finish this agonizing project?

THANKS MUCH!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo-7.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	103.1 KB 
ID:	178784   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo-8.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	112.2 KB 
ID:	178785   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo-9.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	77.2 KB 
ID:	178786  

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1
    Unless your going to completely remove the OPAS and go with block-off's... that bracket in your hand has to be attached to the steering nozzle!

Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddyRXP View Post
    Unless your going to completely remove the OPAS and go with block-off's... that bracket in your hand has to be attached to the steering nozzle!
    No I'm not planing on doing that just yet maybe at a later time. So all 3 of these OEM parts go OVER the Riva nosel correct?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo-5.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	142.1 KB 
ID:	178797  

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1
    Yes! How else do you plan to turn ...

Yeah I thought that to, but where I was getting at it didn't look like those parts fit over the the Riva nosel at first. Now that I took another look at this I see that I was positioning the parts incorrectly.

Thanks for the clarification.

Banned User
    +1
    haha first thing i thought too!!

Hehe well please excuse my ignorance, building and working on SeaDoo's is not my profession, I've only gotten this far along the process by reading the skewed instructions that Riva has dealt me with and of course, this forum which I'm thankful for.

Back to why I was so confused. I did not remember how these three parts went back together after I took them apart. While holding them up to the Riva nosel reducer my first thought was that it didn't look right (and I still think that). And I also second guessed this setup because I'm still not quite sure how you go about easily switching out the 3 Riva reducer rings without taking all these parts off. The guy at Riva made it sound like you can do it on the fly with only an allen wrench. Holding these parts to it I don't see how I can get to these rings to do it that.

Anyone have any pics they can post of their nosel so I have something to go my? Thanks!

Yeah you can do it on the fly.... What he didnt tell you was that with everything installed on the ski the only way that you can swap the rings is by loosening up the reverse bucket and sort of moving it out of the way to swap the rings or just pull out the nozzle and swap them. FYI when i received my nozzle for my GTX what I received was one for the RXP.... when I bought this up to Riva they told me that I had to modify the one that they sent me in order to make it work for my platform because they didnt make one for the RXT/GTX. Figure that out....... I had to do quite a bit of grinding on that nozzle to make it work for me. I hope that you dont run into the same problems that I did 'cause youre gonna be pissed.

Thread Information