Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    I pew pew lazors

2005 Seadoo RXP 215

First I'd like to say that since discovering this website I've been extremely impressed. I see a lot of folks here with an enormous amount of knowledge and I thank you for sharing it.

Anyhow, I came across a nice deal to pick up a supercharged 2005 Seadoo RXP for $4,500. It has 47 hours on it, has been winterized every winter, oil changed, gas stabilizer, etc. Since reading about this ski though I've realized that a lot of people have issues with ceramic washers in the supercharger.

Do I need to replace these? Or is it something that I will need to do when they finally fail?

Thanks for everything,
    Mike

+1
    REPLACE THE WASHERS ASAP!!!!!!

also do a leak down test, compression test and oil pressure test and make sure it running good

I pew pew lazors
    Dockside, thanks for the tips. Looks like I'm about to get greasy.

antoniodef, excellent link! Thanks bud.

Thanks,
    Mike

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by peebee View Post
    Dockside, thanks for the tips. Looks like I'm about to get greasy.

antoniodef, excellent link! Thanks bud.

Thanks,
    Mike
    Np.. id check oil presure cause if it ever had a supercharger failure it can damage the oil pumps as alot of people dont know you need to clean the motor out befor running it again. But these 4tec are a good motor just the SC is the weakness as most dont maint tain it right. My 155hp seadoo 150 had 150 hard hr's and compression was 175psi in each, so then do take a beating. just besure to check the sc slip every 25-30hr's.

I pew pew lazors
    Good idea Dockside.

I do know this (I have previous service records from the service shop).. The RXP was winterized every year. This included draining the engine, flushing it out, changing the oil, fogging, and battery tender.

The people who owned it were in their 50s without kids. They didn't seem like the type that would know the details of the machine so I doubt they ever checked the SC.

Could I test the SC slip just by spinning the SC compressor by hand?

Thanks again,
    Mike

+1
    if you pull it intake tube off and the impeller spin the charger has failed. to check the slip you need to remove the charger and use a torque wrench to check slip. if you buy it pull the charger off and send it to Jerry aka GREENHULK for new washers and IMO id do an 08 rebuild kit but your best bet is to send the charger to him and see what he recommends.

I pew pew lazors
    That's excellent advice. I had read a link a few days ago that Jerry posted with all the details about this and I feel like it's a really good investment.

The hard part will be convincing my wife that pulling the SC off of our just purchased Seadoo to send to someone over the innerweb (lol) is not a bonehead thing to do. That, or she'll ask me "why are we buying this thing if it has problems before we even get it on the water?"

I still feel like I'm getting a hell of a deal even if I have to spend a few hundred bucks to bulletproof it.

You guys are awesome,
    Mike

+1
    just tell her it preventative maintenance.

+1
    Hey Peebee,

Like supercharged, injected cars, these Seadoo's are high tech and do require speacialized maintenence. The beauty of this is unlike in cars, when s/c's fail they generally have to be replaced, at least with the Seadoo's if you do them on a regular basis, I believe every 100hrs is the average consensus here on the forum you can just rebuild them. I too was concerned about sending my s/c to someone I have never met but Jerry's got a ton of experience doing this and I wouldnt trust anyone else unless they are real pros. His turn around time is awesome and I had no issues. Have Jerry rebuild your s/c now so you can ride with piece of mind for a 100 hrs or so. Hope this helps.

Danny

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information