Thread: 95 xp

95 xp

just bought this and have a few questions. Is it normal for a vts to go? i tested it and its not working and it seems the piece that moves the vts is siezed. does any one have one for sale? Also the fuel gauge is stuck at 3 or 4 bars but the tank is full. Could this be the gauge or would it be the sending unit?

flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Pusateri View Post
    just bought this and have a few questions. Is it normal for a vts to go? i tested it and its not working and it seems the piece that moves the vts is siezed. does any one have one for sale? Also the fuel gauge is stuck at 3 or 4 bars but the tank is full. Could this be the gauge or would it be the sending unit?
    pull the motor of the VTS out and put it on a battery and see if it turns. if it moves its the VTS housing. also check the fuse first. its in the front gray box. the fuel gauge problem is in the baffle. follow the sticky at the top of the 2 stroke page on how to fix...its pretty easy

Welcome to GH!

yeah i pulled out the motor and hooked it up to a booster pack and it would not turn. So i will get a new housing. The baffle is the piece that sticks in the gas tank?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Pusateri View Post
    yeah i pulled out the motor and hooked it up to a booster pack and it would not turn. So i will get a new housing. The baffle is the piece that sticks in the gas tank?
    if the motor is shot you dont have to change the housing. just the motor. you can pick one up in the online store under the links tab on the left. did you check the fuse ?
    yes the baffle is the piece where it sticks in the gas tank. it has 4 hoses coming out of it. one for main fuel, one for reserve, one for the vent, and one for the return. they are all marked on the baffle so you dont mess it up reinstalling it.

+1

Thread Information