Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

+1

Carb rebuilding parts

I have 2 jetskis, one is a Polaris Virage TX and the other is just a Virage. They are both 2001's and have never had their carburetors rebuilt. Last year I was having a lot of problems getting them to start that I deduced was a fuel problem because if I played with the choke and the throttle a LOT they would start. Very tricky. So anyway, I took all 4 carbs off and took them to a local Polaris dealership (that first told me they would not work on jetskis, but if I would bring them loose carbs they would rebuild them). They told me it was about an hour of labor per carb at $80 an hour. All right, I'm OK with that. Well, they just called me and informed me that the parts are a little pricey...to the tune of $1400!!!
    Does anyone have any better ideas about how to go about this? At $1700 total I think I might be better off buying new carbs. Also, I cannot understand how it could cost this much for parts!! Does anyone know where I can get them for significantly cheaper??
    Help me out guys, because at this rate I won't be able to afford to ride them after I get them fixed!!!

SPEED KILLS, BUT YOU GET THERE QUICKER Keddano's Avatar
    +1
    Go get your carbs,that's total highgway robbery. I don't have time to dig it up now, but on SBT site(and on here somewhere is a good walk thru on rebuilding the carbs. You can get the kits from John Zigler(a memebr here) or send the carbs to Randy at Watcon(also a member) rebuilding I think runs about 50.00 per carb plus parts. (maybe 60.00) most. Where are you located at?

+1
    I live in Houston, TX. Actually south of Houston towards Galveston. Thanks for the quick reply. I'm kinda new here, so how do I track down Randy at Watcon?

Rasta Mon Condoms We Be Jammin!!!!! TxVirageTx's Avatar
    +1

carbs

the keihins almost never need new parts unless the needles get dimpled.they're probably victims of the green gue.swap all the fuel lines out for new stuff.i can clean and inspect them for a 130.00 total you pay shipping.

+1
    I'm changing the fuel lines at the same time and yes I found some of the green goo at the connection points. I will have those puppies in the mail to you tomorrow if I knew where you are at!!! If you want either give me your number or feel free to call me at 2816501432. Thanks!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by bruce0429 View Post
    I'm changing the fuel lines at the same time and yes I found some of the green goo at the connection points. I will have those puppies in the mail to you tomorrow if I knew where you are at!!! If you want either give me your number or feel free to call me at 2816501432. Thanks!
    just a tip for ya, use the personal message option (pm), this is safer then having your number or address open on the web.. its just like a email.

+1
    Got it! Kinda new to this stuff....still using a rotary dial phone at home. JK

+1
    ahhaah, well just lettin ya know!

hi m8. the carbs are cdk 11 carbs. rebuilt mine not long ago, kit for each carb is about 54 usd, try ebay and jetski parts. look at stb site. on carb rebuild and in serch on this forum. good philps driver and your away !!!! only tech tool is a pop off tester. can be made, info on this forum . save some cash and achieve. all the help on here. good bunch of guys. oh and girls

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information