Thread: 3 Rude

Duppy no who fi frighten, Make Dem Try Good2Go16's Avatar

3 Rude

I know this question has been answered already but I dont have the time to search through the threads today.
    I am building a GTI for Closed Course racing an I want to use a 3 Rude Charger but need some advice on a Setup for it.
    Here is what I have in mind,
    3 Rude charger
    RRFPR
    60lbs Injectors

My problem is I dont know which ECU to use. Any advice on this setup would be appreciated.

+1
    you will need the valvetrain upgrade, i would go for the riva racing ecu, then a prop to match

home of the dislexic fingers breon's Avatar
    i am running rude 3 bosh 50# 530 cc and a riva ecu with a aeromotive rrfpr ..right now...rich at idle only ...other wise perfect..

get a rude controler instead of a rrfpr ..and you will be set...i had bought a controler used it was bad awaiting new one...once i get it i will be running the rrfpr as just a regulator..and using the controler for adding the additional fuel

50# will deliver enough fuel ..either way

60# will be to big for a rrfpr but with a controler you will be fine ..lots of guys run like this...

what i like about running 50 is if anything ever gos ari with the controler i just hook up the boost referance line and i am good to go

I have the valvetrain upgrade done already, I also have a Stage 3 Riva Racing ECU, I will be fine running this ECU with my setup?

Next question is I am changing the pump support on the GTI, Which pump support should I go with, The RXP-X or the RXP an what driveshaft should I use?

TTT

+1
    Yes your riva ECU will work fine. It does not have such aggressive timing as the Rotax Racing ecus but unless you want to spend loads of cash stick with what you have.

Me personaly would not run the rude 3 in CC I think it will give you to many problems and be high on maintence concidering the harsh environment. This is nothing against the rude 3 im sure iys an awsome charger but its a verg big and heavy wheel for CC.

Rude 2 like I have will hold up if maintained well and you should see around 15psi at 8600.

I belive you need to run the 255 rxpx pumpshoe - rideplate - grate and driveshaft, I have read somwhere about moving the engine back 22mm for correct alignment.

PM one1one or Brad Clarke both them guys have a lot of knowledge and may be willing to help. R88

Thread Information