Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 25
  1. #1
    MR MAC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Essex, England
    Posts
    450

    will i need a powershot...or will it run lean

    hi, i have a sho and running a riva ff exhaust, manifold upgrade, riva air filter,and going to put a c1 wheel on it soon. so will i need a power shot or will tock ecu compensate enough for the more boost and air intake?

    currently has a 13 22r df prop but when i get out to test it i will see if it hits limiter

    thanks ian


  2. #2
    SHOBiz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Wylie, Texas
    Posts
    3,577
    Other opinions may vary, but for a C1 SC Wheel nah.

    At least not for fuel. The issue will be either or both the rev limiter and the ECU stopping you because of boost limits in the stock ecu. With the c1 this is not a huge issue.

    To resolve the rev limiter a taller impeller, to resolve the boost limit issue a Powershot.

  3. #3
    gordon lasiter #328's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    katy, texas , United States
    Posts
    1,647
    +1
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by MR MAC View Post
    hi, i have a sho and running a riva ff exhaust, manifold upgrade, riva air filter,and going to put a c1 wheel on it soon. so will i need a power shot or will tock ecu compensate enough for the more boost and air intake?

    currently has a 13 22r df prop but when i get out to test it i will see if it hits limiter

    thanks ian
    you should not have any problems with the limiter with that setup.

  4. #4
    RUSH.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    868
    +1
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by MR MAC View Post
    hi, i have a sho and running a riva ff exhaust, manifold upgrade, riva air filter,and going to put a c1 wheel on it soon. so will i need a power shot or will tock ecu compensate enough for the more boost and air intake?

    currently has a 13 22r df prop but when i get out to test it i will see if it hits limiter

    thanks ian

    +2
    We tested the c1/r2 and in cool weather the afr's were still safe with no powershot. It is definately nice to have to add fuel if needed later though.

  5. #5
    mjh3ides's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Jupiter, Florida
    Posts
    6,795
    +1
    2,010
    Quote Originally Posted by SHOBiz View Post
    Other opinions may vary, but for a C1 SC Wheel nah.

    At least not for fuel. The issue will be either or both the rev limiter and the ECU stopping you because of boost limits in the stock ecu. With the c1 this is not a huge issue.

    To resolve the rev limiter a taller impeller, to resolve the boost limit issue a Powershot.
    Losing 1.5+ psi of boost to the limiter would be a huge issue for me.

  6. #6
    MR MAC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Essex, England
    Posts
    450
    thanks all. so even with all that the revs on the rev limiter will be ok too? no need for a taller prob ?

    thanks ian

  7. #7
    Hydrotherapy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    The Rock
    Posts
    3,347
    +1
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by MR MAC View Post
    thanks all. so even with all that the revs on the rev limiter will be ok too? no need for a taller prob ?

    thanks ian
    assume you will be adding a taller prop once rpm's have been recorded (if banging the limiter)

  8. #8
    MR MAC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Essex, England
    Posts
    450
    very poorly worded post of mine.


    i was saying is it likely for me to need a taller prop with the mods i have and with the c1 wheel?


    thanks ian

  9. #9
    yami_rida#26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Cayman Islands
    Posts
    2,112
    Quote Originally Posted by MR MAC View Post
    very poorly worded post of mine.


    i was saying is it likely for me to need a taller prop with the mods i have and with the c1 wheel?


    thanks ian
    You are better off with a taller prop, but I ran my C1 wheel for a little while with my 13/22 df..it doesn't hit the limiter up top but it cavitates a lottt more on the bottom it's better if you get a skat prop..

  10. #10
    Hydrotherapy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    The Rock
    Posts
    3,347
    +1
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by MR MAC View Post
    very poorly worded post of mine.


    i was saying is it likely for me to need a taller prop with the mods i have and with the c1 wheel?


    thanks ian
    you may well do with the wheel fitted as all of the 13/22r are comming out to a 13/21.
    more to the point without the powershot you are giving boost away as mentioned by mark,from what i understand you will gain mid but not a lot of top as the ecu will be knocking you back to stock boost settings so the wheel will do little for top..
    i know 90% of guys say you will be fine with this wheel, that mod but without checking the AFR its a gamble i would not take, as the cost of a rebuild will be high..yes you will be fine but how do you know that for sure in a cooler climate..just my 2 cents for what its worth

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-09-2015, 09:20 AM
  2. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 03-20-2014, 10:40 AM
  3. Damaged stator from rocks. Will it generally lower RPM or raise?
    By GasResearch-VT.SE in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 01-29-2014, 04:52 PM
  4. Suspected water in motor, will it need a rebuild?
    By txturbo in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 08-26-2013, 11:35 PM
  5. Will it raise RPM or lower them
    By Alaska05RXT in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-18-2007, 09:35 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •