Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

will i need a powershot...or will it run lean

hi, i have a sho and running a riva ff exhaust, manifold upgrade, riva air filter,and going to put a c1 wheel on it soon. so will i need a power shot or will tock ecu compensate enough for the more boost and air intake?

currently has a 13 22r df prop but when i get out to test it i will see if it hits limiter

thanks ian

Other opinions may vary, but for a C1 SC Wheel nah.

At least not for fuel. The issue will be either or both the rev limiter and the ECU stopping you because of boost limits in the stock ecu. With the c1 this is not a huge issue.

To resolve the rev limiter a taller impeller, to resolve the boost limit issue a Powershot.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by MR MAC View Post
    hi, i have a sho and running a riva ff exhaust, manifold upgrade, riva air filter,and going to put a c1 wheel on it soon. so will i need a power shot or will tock ecu compensate enough for the more boost and air intake?

currently has a 13 22r df prop but when i get out to test it i will see if it hits limiter

thanks ian
    you should not have any problems with the limiter with that setup.

+1

thanks ian

+2
    We tested the c1/r2 and in cool weather the afr's were still safe with no powershot. It is definately nice to have to add fuel if needed later though.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SHOBiz View Post
    Other opinions may vary, but for a C1 SC Wheel nah.

At least not for fuel. The issue will be either or both the rev limiter and the ECU stopping you because of boost limits in the stock ecu. With the c1 this is not a huge issue.

To resolve the rev limiter a taller impeller, to resolve the boost limit issue a Powershot.
    Losing 1.5+ psi of boost to the limiter would be a huge issue for me.

thanks all. so even with all that the revs on the rev limiter will be ok too? no need for a taller prob ?

thanks ian

+1
    thanks all. so even with all that the revs on the rev limiter will be ok too? no need for a taller prob ?

thanks ian
    assume you will be adding a taller prop once rpm's have been recorded (if banging the limiter)

very poorly worded post of mine.

i was saying is it likely for me to need a taller prop with the mods i have and with the c1 wheel?

thanks ian

i was saying is it likely for me to need a taller prop with the mods i have and with the c1 wheel?

thanks ian
    You are better off with a taller prop, but I ran my C1 wheel for a little while with my 13/22 df..it doesn't hit the limiter up top but it cavitates a lottt more on the bottom it's better if you get a skat prop..

+1

thanks ian
    you may well do with the wheel fitted as all of the 13/22r are comming out to a 13/21.
    more to the point without the powershot you are giving boost away as mentioned by mark,from what i understand you will gain mid but not a lot of top as the ecu will be knocking you back to stock boost settings so the wheel will do little for top..
    i know 90% of guys say you will be fine with this wheel, that mod but without checking the AFR its a gamble i would not take, as the cost of a rebuild will be high..yes you will be fine but how do you know that for sure in a cooler climate..just my 2 cents for what its worth

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information