Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    +1

Rude Controller, Intstall and first start-up

Hi Guys,

Right got my RC yesterday and have to say its a nice looking piece of kit, on a side note it does not fit onto the Les Cooke manifold as the Map sensor is in a different position and the wires dont reach. I had to cut a hole thru the manifold between the runners so the wires could run thru to behind the mani. Actually came out nice and the wires are more hidden so that is good.

Can Nills or any1 in the know tell me??

If there is a map already on there or is it blank and need programming before I can start the engine???

What options in the softwear do I need to select?? As in engine options?

Will the soft wear work on windows Vista or am I going to need XP??

Im goin to use this thread to document what I learn along the way and any maps that I get made and happy with I will get to Sno man so he can add them to the bank. This is going to be run on the superstock ski in my sig with 80 injectors so is going to be good for those of you with high HP setups on Les ECUs

Thanks in advance R88

+1
    any pics of the install? I am anxious to get mines also!

+1
    Yeh gota couple its very straight forward to be honest.

Im just going to try and install the software on my PC and see what I can learn. R88
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	19032010169.jpg 
Views:	159 
Size:	247.1 KB 
ID:	178965   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	19032010168.jpg 
Views:	318 
Size:	271.4 KB 
ID:	178966  

home of the dislexic fingers breon's Avatar
    engine setting is single cyl 4 stroke

the other one is extra injectore and something else ..DONT USE THE EXTRA INJECTOR ONE IT IS THE OTHER ONE..

home of the dislexic fingers breon's Avatar
    it shouldnt come with any map in it ..

putting all tens in the blocks .makes the controler do nothing ..no changes..to the map from the ecu

anything lower than 10 is subtracting fuel..anything over 10 is adding ...

try and keep the changes from block to block small ..say point 2 or point 3 .somtime when it graps and bounces from block to block to big of chnge can make it run erratic

a point 5 change is significant

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by R88ory RXP View Post
    Hi Guys,

Right got my RC yesterday and have to say its a nice looking piece of kit, on a side note it does not fit onto the Les Cooke manifold as the Map sensor is in a different position and the wires dont reach. I had to cut a hole thru the manifold between the runners so the wires could run thru to behind the mani. Actually came out nice and the wires are more hidden so that is good.

Can Nills or any1 in the know tell me??

If there is a map already on there or is it blank and need programming before I can start the engine???
    There is a simple base map already installed.This will let the machine fire..

What options in the softwear do I need to select?? As in engine options?

First time users will need to create a file name and then upload it from the controller to the PC..

1.Open software and select "File" on the top left..
    2.Click on new customer.
    3.create file name
    4.After creating new customer you will then need to click on "open Customer" then click on the file name created.the R4 controller window will pop up,then put lanyard on ski BUT DO NOT START and then connect PC to ski.
    5.Now choose what COM port you will want to use to connect the computer to the controller
    6.Now connect the PC to controller by clicking the connect button on the R4 window.
    7.Then once connected click on "fuel maps"
    8.Once the fuel map window is up there will be two icons in the upper left hand top..The first icon will be "read" data and the second one will be "write" data..You will want to read the data from the controller to your PC,this will extract the current fuel map in the controller to your PC for visualisation and adjustments..
    9.Now after retrieving your map you will need to set up the software.
    10.Select the "options"tab at the top.
    11.Click on system settings.
    12.Under display mode check "Voltage" and under "Applications check the "Program single controller"..When done "X" out of that window.
    13.Next click on the "Option" tab again and then click on "Engine Settings".
    14.Next to the word "cylinder" you will see a drop box with an arrow next to it.Click on that arrow and set that to "1 Cylinder".Then next to the "Engine Type" Click on that arrow and set it to "4 stroke"...The once you have done this "X" out of that window..You should be back to the main window..Now you can make your adjustments.Just remember once you make your adjustment you have to write it back to the controller

Will the soft wear work on windows Vista or am I going to need XP
    The software works with all widows software..I have used it on Vista and am currently using it on Windows 7..You should have no problems that way

Im goin to use this thread to document what I learn along the way and any maps that I get made and happy with I will get to Sno man so he can add them to the bank. This is going to be run on the superstock ski in my sig with 80 injectors so is going to be good for those of you with high HP setups on Les ECUs

Thanks in advance R88
    I have the link posted to the fuel maps in the How to section under"Rude Controller" Here is a the link to the folder:

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=a...c99885da44e881

Hope this helps you out some..

Thanks for doing this R88

The most interesting man in the world. Nils888's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoman View Post
    I have the link posted to the fuel maps in the How to section under"Rude Controller" Here is a the link to the folder:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoman View Post

Thanks Sno that helps alot.

Right then I have installed the software on my desk top so I can have a play and see what I could work out.

This is simple stuff people, follow what Sno has put above and all will be ok.

If you understand that lowering the number from 10 will lean out the fuel and going above 10 will richen, that is all you need to know to make adjustments.

Also something High PSI said is to set your regulator if you have one to get the WOT right without the controller interfering, then trim off the rest of the map to get you AF to where you want it.

Setting things like above means even if the controller stops working and it just reverts to the map in the ECU you will not go lean as the controller would have not been doing anything to the fuel signal. This may mean running larger injectors and or highr static fuel pressure but at least your motor should be safe enough for you to realise that something was wrong. Obviosley if you have the stock reg it would be wise to get injectors that cover your fuel needs as near as possible uptop and then trim the map where neccersary.

Having had a play with the software there is nothing to fear about this setup and it is going to give far better control than any other offering on the market for the 4Tec platform. Bar MoTec and Autronics.

Im hoping to get my ski started tomorrow and will report back my findings.

R88

+1
    You Guys Are Great!

I received my RFC on Thursday, very nice piece of electronic. Thanks Nils and Jerry! This input/information is great. Thanks to all of you for keeping all of us in the right track. Thanks Roxy,Snoman, Breon.......keep up the good work and support. With this last part would be ready to go and have fun and break my own speed record of 81.3mph in a 3 seater.

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information