Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Where to buy Engine

Hey guys, Number 2 cylinder failed, cracking my block and demolishing my head. 2004 rxp stage 3... where are you guys buying your engines from?

Banned User
    ebay.
    or developerjj seems to find them...pm him

Bought mine through local seadoo dealer. Assembly was just the block and head for about $2500 straight from seadoo manufacturer (a rebuilt seadoo motor, from seadoo). My core charge was $1000 and after the manufacturer received my busted motor, they still gave me $450 back! My motor threw a rod and blew a hole in the case and screwed up the head....still got $450 back

look anything like this?

2500 rebuilt?? from seadoo!!?? hmmm, i was looking at the parts catalog and just a bare block is 1600ish.
    i dont think i can resleeve this one

Banned User
    I have bought and sold dozens of 4-tecs (quite a few to Greenhulk members) and have never seen an OEM Rebuild for $2500. Some dealers will install SBT or other engines for their customers. Last I checked an OEM shortblock was roughly $3500.

Quote Originally Posted by BoostedH23a1 View Post
    2500 rebuilt?? from seadoo!!?? hmmm, i was looking at the parts catalog and just a bare block is 1600ish.
    i dont think i can resleeve this one
    Yea i just got my motor rebuilt at the dealer a few months ago....yes, there was some confusion between prices and engine choices while i was at the parts counter with the guy. On his own work computer, he had to do some triple checking etc just to make sure he had the right part number for what we were looking for. in other words, the manufacturer apparently has a few choices all with their own ordering #s of course. Aynyway, check with your dealer on whatever the precise number is for a **rebuilt, seadoo, head-and-case/block**...its should be about $23-2500. No manifolds and no electronics.....just crank case and head (both fully built by seadoo remanufacturer)....seadoo in Canada sent in down here straight to the dealer.

If push comes to shove, im sure i could get the dealer to give me the exact part # if thats what you want/need.
    And for comparison purposes, the ENTIRE motor (minus only the charger and electronics i think) was about $5500.

So, for the SEADOO-rebuilt motor plus dealer installation = $2300ish + $1000ish...with $450 back for core charge. Not too bad for a totalled motor

Quote Originally Posted by developerjj View Post
    I have bought and sold dozens of 4-tecs (quite a few to Greenhulk members) and have never seen an OEM Rebuild for $2500. Some dealers will install SBT or other engines for their customers. Last I checked an OEM shortblock was roughly $3500.

Apparently ya gotta dig in the books with the dealer....i PROMISE I only paid a $23-2500ish for the crankcase and head - both fully built and ready for maifolds and drop-in. I dont talk shit.....and if this is what the guy needs, i will get the parts guy to give me the part number he used.....again, this guy had to check, check and triple check for me to confirm thats what we were ordering and paying for. I was shocked too....because up until that point, i was told i would only be able to pay $5000ish+ for a COMPLETE seadoo motor :O

yea a part number would be aswome, as dealers around here are relatively retarded.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by blkturbo! View Post
    Apparently ya gotta dig in the books with the dealer....i PROMISE I only paid a $23-2500ish for the crankcase and head - both fully built and ready for maifolds and drop-in. I dont talk shit.....and if this is what the guy needs, i will get the parts guy to give me the part number he used.....again, this guy had to check, check and triple check for me to confirm thats what we were ordering and paying for. I was shocked too....because up until that point, i was told i would only be able to pay $5000ish+ for a COMPLETE seadoo motor :O
    yes-- The part number would really help me out as well-- I have a machine that needs a reman.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information