1100 ZXi Carb Issues, engine stalls

I have just put in a new motor and got everything back in the other day. I rebuilt the carbs and installed all new fuel and cooling lines. Took it out to the lake the other day to break it in. While sitting on the trailer I couldn't get it to start. Got home and thought maybe it was the idle screw needed adjusted. So the next day went out again and adjusted it. I was able to get it to run on the trailer sitting in the water for about 5 mins. Took it off the trailer and the idle seemed to high. So I backed it down. For some reason it won't stay running. If I give it just the slightest throttle it will bog a die. When I prime the carbs it will start but it won't stay started. Almost like it is not getting fuel. The pop off has been checked and I have the high/low screws set to as close to stock as I can get them. For some reason it won't stay running. Seems like it is not getting fuel and I am stumped. I took the carbs off last night and rechecked everything and they seem fine. Put them back on and it won't stay started.

Any ideas or suggestions of what to check next? It is cold and raining so I can't get back out to the lake until Tuesday. Suppose to be sunny and 73. In the meantime I would like to try to trouble shoot this until I can get back out there.

-Thanks

Have you checked the fuel pump? Mine blew up #3 and apparently a chunk of piston made its way thru the pulse fitting and into the fuel pump. It wound up putting a few holes in the fuel pump diaphram. Needless to say it didnt run to well. You might try using a piece of hose attached to the return fitting from the pump and start it up. If fuel comes out then the pump is probably ok. If not then start tracing back to make sure the supply side is ok.

Are you referring to the fuel pump on the carb right?

what happened on tuesday?

What was the reason for the engine swap?? did it do this with the old engine?

I would say double check the fuel line routing/connections, check the pump as posted. have a fuel filter on it? water seperator?

does that 1100 have the CV carbs?

Quote Originally Posted by dghal View Post
    What was the reason for the engine swap?? did it do this with the old engine?
    Motor seized the PTO cylinder. I bought it seized so I didn't own it when it happened. So I am not sure why it happened. During my investigation because I wanted to know why so it didn't happen again. When I was replacing all the fuel and cooling lines I did noticed some of the cooling lines and pisser fittings were clogged. When I got it the motor the jugs were off it and the motor was well oiled. When I broke down the carbs to clean them and rebuild them they were well oiled as well. So I am thinking it seized from it overheated maybe?

I would say double check the fuel line routing/connections, check the pump as posted. have a fuel filter on it? water seperator?
    All the fuel lines are brand new and connected correctly. It has two pumps on the carbs that run off pulse lines. Those lines are brand new and the pumps have been cleaned and rebuilt. Fuel filter is brand new too from Fuellines.biz

does that 1100 have the CV carbs?
    The is a 96 so it has the non CV carbs.

make sure you are not sucking air in fuel line put a section of clear tubing or look at your filter to see if you see bubbles.

I have translucent red fuel lines and they don't appear to have air in them. This thread has more info on the situation. No need to have both of these, thought maybe I posted in the wrong place.

http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthre...76#post1378376

Thread Information